The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking in Movies, TV, and Books

Page  Page 8 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»
Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#71 | Posted: 17 Aug 2022 05:08
AlanBarr

It is indeed a good one. Of course what I call the "purists" will disagree because it was not bare bottom.Even though that attitude dismisses all mainstream movie or TV spankings.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#72 | Posted: 17 Aug 2022 08:34
Gogotherapit
Welcome to the forum! Sorry that doesn't ring any bells at all. If you did dream it, you must have a very fertile imagination!

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#73 | Posted: 17 Aug 2022 08:44
Redskinluver:
It is indeed a good one. Of course what I call the "purists" will disagree because it was not bare bottom.Even though that attitude dismisses all mainstream movie or TV spankings.

I think it is a good example of a nice, ordinary domestic spanking, and emotionally it moves from punishment to catharsis to reconciliation. It suggests the film might end happily, but if I remember rightly it doesn't. Sometimes I find it's best to try to enjoy a spanking scene in isolation and to forget the rest of the film it came from!

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#74 | Posted: 17 Aug 2022 22:23
It’s not much of a spanking, just a couple of seconds of titillation, but in the new series “A league of their own”, about a wartime women’s baseball team, in episode one, there’s a moment when the women are all running upstairs and one of them is slapping the others’ bottoms as they go.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#75 | Posted: 18 Aug 2022 14:28
Congratulatory butt slapping in athletics is a whole other topic on its own.Happens in many sports though the most titillating is women's beach volleyball since those bikinis add a bare skin factor. And if you have seen some of the clips o. YouTube women runners' shorts often the same. Some are thong bikini.length. The cheeky look is standard.

More on topic with this thread, there is an episode of Charmed wherethe spirit of the girls' grandmother gives an encouraging, loving talk to Paige(Rose McGowan). When it ends she sends her on her way witj a friendly smack onher bottom. Which raises the question.Would someone feel a smack from a ghost?Someone that does not have any physical substance.

Patron
Male Author

USA
#76 | Posted: 19 Aug 2022 02:04
KatiePie
I just started watching and was curious if anyone here had seen it. Normally, I dismiss one smackers outside of a disciplinary context, but I do find episode 1 of ALotO interesting. First off, there's my bias as a heterosexual male, and TV viewer--Darcy Carden has a fantastic behind, so just having her on the show is entertaining. Second, I absolutely love her previous show, "The Good Place" and her performance as Janet.

Here's where I find it more interesting than normal sports slaps. Darcy is an actual athlete and on her instagram, it's obvious that she's used to slapping bottoms of teammates. So it's interesting that her character is the one doing all the smacking. She also gives several (mild) spanks to wake up the main character when she's oversleeping. Lastly, she takes it upon herself to smack the Canadian woman's bottom with the glove as she tags her out. This same Canadian gets a hard swat on her way up the stairs and seems to enjoy it. Also worth noting that these aren't congratulatory sports swats, but "get to bed" swats, if I recall.

This dynamic of one alpha female doing all of the swatting is what elevates it, and there is a real life counterpart to this that might perk the ears of my spanko friends here. Liz Cambage is a WNBA player and she's 6'8, so noticeably larger than all of her teammates. There's been an uptick in congratulatory swats in the WNBA overall and it's so noticeable that I think there was some kind of homophobic image consulting in the early days, similar to the edict referred to in ALotO: "This is all so we don't look like a bunch of queers." Well apparently the gloves are off and the smacks are on in the WNBA, because the girls are swatting each other all over the place.

Back to Liz. Liz isn't the only one delivering swats, but like Darcy's character, she is larger than everyone and is clearly using that to dominate her teammates somewhat. This culminated in one game where her teammate passed by, and Liz didn't just swat her in the regular sports way, but outright spanked her several times. This was a clear situation where as the alpha, the largest and the leader of the team at the time, she could get away with this. To paint the picture, she looked intent on smacking this woman's bottom until she scurried away and she was meant to feel it.

While I wouldn't twist this outside of realm of sports swats outright, this reminds me of when someone uses the excuse of a birthday spanking to explore their kink. A sports swat isn't a spanking but sometimes there's more to it, and they seem to be using this subtext in A League of Their Own.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this same theme was used rather directly in the cartoon American Dad. The mother, Francine, figures out that she's into spanking. She tricks the husband into spanking her for their son's misbehavior "for her failings as a mother." After he catches on and won't engage her kink, she joins a softball team just so she can have her bottom smacked after every game.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#77 | Posted: 19 Aug 2022 09:23
Patron
Hi Patron, I have never watched any sports at all, nor any films or TV shows that are sports themed so the celebratory butt slapping that Redskinluver mentions was completely unknown to me.
I was watching this series because I happened to be in the room when my daughter was watching, saw the opening with Carson running for the steam train and her buttons coming undone and thought, oh this looks like something I might like. Then saw Darcy Carden and asked daughter, isn’t that Janet from “the good place”, and settled down to watch.
I really like the period setting, the hairstyles, the clothes, the ridiculous dresses they have to wear to play baseball, that they were expected to be ladylike and made to have deportment lessons, and of course, the occasional bits of bottom smacking that Darcy’s character manages to give to her teammates. It is a story and a situation where there could very easily be a lot more spanking going on of these adult women.

Patron
Male Author

USA
#78 | Posted: 19 Aug 2022 18:26
KatiePie
I hope you enjoy the show! You're right about the fact that there could be a lot more spanking going on. The show overall modernizes a lot of things and is very inconsistent with anachronisms in speech and behavior. A lot of the jokes are very modern. One of the unfortunate trade offs that ruins things for us spankos is the black family. At that time, almost guaranteed, the mother would have whooped Max's behind when she snuck out and lied and pulled all kinds of shenanigans that I won't spoil.

It wasn't even a big deal back then, it was expected. The really strange thing is that they put a lot of energy into Max and her friend's fear of getting caught and it's all for a talking to? General disapproval? This definitely feels like one of these situations where the writers were uncomfortable with the idea of corporal punishment but still wanted the dynamic of the stern parent.

Many parents spanked back then at this time and place in America but black parents? Again, practically a guarantee. At the very least there should have been a strong reference or threat.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#79 | Posted: 19 Aug 2022 19:00
Speaking of A League of Their Own. don't forget that the original movie had Madonna in the cast and we all know about her spanking interests!

Often123
Male Member

USA
#80 | Posted: 20 Aug 2022 18:56
Patron:
Many parents spanked back then at this time and place in America but black parents? Again, practically a guarantee.

I can verify that it did in the 50's. There was a Black family who lived half a block away from us in rural California.

Page  Page 8 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»