The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

BBC website mentions Czech Easter spanking tradition

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 11:13
To my amazement Aunty Beeb had a mention of the ancient Czech Easter custom of whipping women's bottoms.
It is factual and being the Beeb and not April first it confirms all the mentions I have seen.
Of course being painfully political correct and somewhat femininist (except where payment is concerned) it seemed to think that women being spared an Easter whipping, which it said were sometimes very painful, was a good thing.
I was astonished to see it.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#2 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 12:04
I have always suspected that many of the feminists at the Beeb secretly fantasise over a spanking from a tough paid up member of the 'evil patriarchy'.

It is a theme I wove into my 'Not so Kosher' Barbie stories.

PeterJohn
Male Member

England
#3 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 12:42
There used to be a tradition in some cities in England called "Beating the bounds" where some children were taken to various places around the city boundary and caned. When I last saw a photo it had just become a nominal tap with cane.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 13:00
PeterJohn
I think that was mentioned in that Radio 4 series about the First World War - Home Front. I found the series really tedious but remember a father (or stepfather) taking a boy to experience that tradition.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 13:25
I think the 'beating the bounds' tradition was originally the way in which the local lord or landowner enforced the boundary of his lands - by having his men patrolling the boundary, punishing any trespassers they caught. Later this became ritualised.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#6 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 14:12
According to Wiki:
In former times when maps were rare it was usual to make a formal perambulation of the parish boundaries on Ascension Day or during Rogation week. Knowledge of the limits of each parish needed to be handed down so that such matters as liability to contribute to the repair of the church, and the right to be buried within the churchyard were not disputed.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 21:24
I wonder what other spanking traditions exist around the world - it would be an interesting subject to research!

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 14 Apr 2020 22:02
If you can find it there was a corporal punishment site, corppun I think that had a lot of history as well as startles. Might need to look in internet archives since I think it closed.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#9 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 09:39
tyrport:
If you can find it there was a corporal punishment site, corppun I think that had a lot of history as well as startles. Might need to look in internet archives since I think it closed.

It is still up and running but I don't think anything new has been added since 2018.

opb
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 15 Apr 2020 10:23
My brother's friend certainly went to participate in the beating of the bounds. It was probably about 1967, and it did involve a ceremonial tap on the bum with a stick at one of the city's traditional boundaries. I remember seeing the photo in the paper. Funnily enough the tradition continues, but any mention of bottom smacking has been expunged from the official history, to be replaced with hitting poor defenceless bushes and undergrowth with sticks, which carries on to this day.
I understand that in many places there was only the hitting of boundary markers and never actual boys.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»