The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Bare bottom spanking on TV

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:47
Rarely see this ever on TV, even old shows when spanking was a socially accepted form of discipline. I was watching a Netflix show called Godless the other day (its a Western set in a town where most of the men in the town were killed by a mining accident) and I was surprised to see a bare bottom spanking scene. There's a community of coloured people near the town and a father took exception to the interest his teenage daughter took in a white boy. She was ordered back home and viewers were treated to the sight of him bending her over, lifting her dress to show a very shapely behind, which he then belaboured with a strap. That was the only glimpse viewers got though, the rest of it was off screen, but you could her the strap landing and her yelling. Was quite a surprise to see it really.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#2 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 07:11
I stand to correction (excuse the pun) but I tend to believe that CP is starting to make its way back into the film industry.

It really annoyed me from the 80s onwards when they would make a movie based on a mainstream book where a spanking was part of the plot, and then omit or downplay the spanking.

When Fred Forsyth's book Dogs of War was made into a film not only did they omit what would have been a great spanking scene from the book, but they made a total pig's ear of the film.

Same with Tai-Pan, the book spanking is brilliant and was omitted in favour of portraying the later half-hearted caning.

transmanspankee
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 11:26
In the American Horror Story season 'Asylum', there are multiple bare bottomed canings. I wasn't expecting them when I first watched it and I was delighted, though the context of it all made it less enjoyable for me personally.

I agree about downplaying spankings in film and TV adaptations, though. It's always quite sad!

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 15:51
The title of this thread immediately caught my eye. Thought "was there ever such a thing?" Certainly not in the past. Recall my reaction to the wonderful Weeds spanking, of how in the past TV would never have shown a spanking over a pair of skimpy panties like Mary Louise Parker was wearing!
Good point about TV spankings disappearing. However I would say that it occurred even before the 80s, more like late 60s, certainly 70s. Might have been some spanking mentions on some shows like the Dukes of Hazzard, but not spankings of adult females.
As for the present time, hard to say. One thing I am confident of is that we will not see the spankings on screen from the 30s on through the 50s. I am talking about spankings by which a male "tamed" a female, where a girl or woman was viewed as too independent or headstrong or self-assertive, and needed to be humbled by being taken over the guy's knee.
Could see however a girl who is a spoiled brat, selfish and inconsiderate of the rights and feelings of others, or an arrogant, haughty mature upper crust woman who treats those she regards as her social inferiors like dirt being candidates for good sound spankings.
And why would it necessarily have to be M/F? Being an F/F enthusiast I can think of many shows where it would have been delightful to see that happen! Imagine Lorelai Gilmore getting taken over her Mom's knee for a long session with a hairbrush. There was one episode that had her not wearing underwear because she not done laundry and had none clean. What better scenario could there be for a bare bottom spanking from Mom! Always thought Lorelai needed a spanking even more than her teenage daughter Rory did. Not that that shouldn't have happened, maybe from the strict Korean mother of her girlfriend Lane whom Rory sometimes led astray.
And I have mentioned before in discussions of television spankings how what a shame it was that it had become taboo by the time Baywatch came along! With all the floss bikinis and cheeky high cut one-pieces there could have indeed bare bottom TV spankings. Just imagine Shauni, CJ, Caroline, Neely,Lani and others bending for the paddle! A review for TV Times quoted on the box of a DVD of season 1 of the show said "for all fans of sun, surf and skimpy swimsuits." How about "fans of sun,surf, skimpy swimsuits,and sore bottoms!"
Another show that sometimes featured total female nudity was Xena Warrior Princess. Several episodes featured her and partner Gabrielle in the buff, with sometimes good rear views! I have mentioned before that my favorite Xena spanking would be one where she gets spanked by her mother. As those who have read my stories know, maternal spankings of teenage or adult daughters is a favorite plot of mine. I do have a Xena spanking story here, although it does not involve her mother though F/F. May have written more but since fan fiction was banned could not. And so many other fan fiction sites only seem to feature explicit, often forced,sex, something I do not like to read and want nothing to do with sites featuring it.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 17:18
Brosse6:
It really annoyed me from the 80s onwards when they would make a movie based on a mainstream book where a spanking was part of the plot, and then omit or downplay the spanking.

Not only from the 80's onwards, alas. The 1957 romantic comedy Boy on a Dolphin, directed by Jean Negulesco, was adapted from a novel of the same title by David Divine. The original contains a fine scene where a visiting British archeologist turns Phaedra, a lovely Greek sponge-diver, over his knee in a boat and spanks her soundly on her all-but-bare bottom. The movie version shamefully omits any such chastisement - all the more regrettably since Phaedra was played, in her first English-language role, by the delicious 23-year-old Sophia Loren....

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#6 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 17:36
Just imagine a 23 year old Sophia Loren getting an "all-but-bare bottom" spanking ......

I'm off for a cold shower

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 18:14
Hotspur

Or a modern day equivalent - the gorgeous Eva Mendes getting an "all-but-bare bottom" spanking!

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 27 Mar 2020 16:16
PhilK:
The 1957 romantic comedy Boy on a Dolphin, directed by Jean Negulesco, was adapted from a novel of the same title by David Divine. The original contains a fine scene where a visiting British archeologist turns Phaedra, a lovely Greek sponge-diver, over his knee in a boat and spanks her soundly on her all-but-bare bottom. The movie version shamefully omits any such chastisement - all the more regrettably since Phaedra was played, in her first English-language role, by the delicious 23-year-old Sophia Loren....

I imagine a scenario in which the actress refuses to make the movie, unless the script stays true to the book. that would have been great. Or a remake of the movie, starring Eva Mendez

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 27 Mar 2020 17:47
Not familiar with Boy On A Dolphin, but there are certainly plenty actresses around today whom we'd love to see get an "all but bare bottom spanking." How about Jennifer Lopez, or any of the Kardashian women, using the term actress loosely?
Loved Charlies Angels when Cheryl Ladd would run around with an all-but-bare- bottom, skimpy bikinis and shorts. The show would have absolutely terrific if she had gotten spanked dressed like that. And also Daisy Duke, in a pair of her cheekiest daisydukes!

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 28 Mar 2020 11:46
There were two spankings in Magnum PI, one of an adolescent male and the oher of an adult female. naturally the adult female was in a skimpy bathing suit for hers and the adolescent male was fully dressed. In both cases, they occurred right at the end of the episodes and no actual contact was made.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»