The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Fetlife

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 20 Feb 2020 15:15
I understand Fetlife is very popular amongst people like us and have thought of joining. However, there seems to be no way to find out what it is like without joining. I like to know more about things before I sign up, to see whether its something I am interested in and how it works.I am not interested in a lot of bdsm fetish stuff and thats the impression I have gotten from what little I know.
I would much appreciate any info or enlightenment from any here who are active in it. Does it have forums or chatrooms and features like that?
Look forward to finding out more and may have further specific questions.
Thanks!

shono98
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 20 Feb 2020 17:22
There is a lot of everything on Fet. I am a member, so feel free to look me up and say hi if you want to. There are a number of spanking groups, including munches, meetings and personals. There is no obligation so if you join and dont like it, you can always pull your profile and quit. It does not cost anything.
I would say join and look around.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 20 Feb 2020 18:04
There are lots of members on Fetlife who all are into BDSM. So being a member of Fetlife provides you with lots of potential discussion partners. You can exchange thoughts about spanking and related issues with lots and lots of like-minded people of both sexes.

Having said that, I must add that I have been a member of both Bottomlines and Fetlife for roughly five and roughly ten years respectively - and I have got a lot more satisfaction from my membership on Bottomlines. I have found it much easier to strike up interesting exchanges of thoughts with the fellow spankos on BL than with the BDSM crowd on Fetlife.

But I would not say that my membership on Fetlife has been totally without value for me. I do hang out there from time to time. And the members of Fetlife upload lots and lots of interesting images (of an "adult" nature!) which other members can peruse and enjoy!

Often123
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 20 Feb 2020 18:41
I'm also a member but have put myself in time-out for the past couple of months. There is a lot of interest and a lot I'm totally against there. As in other social media, beware of fakes.

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 20 Feb 2020 20:37
There really is no down side. Membership is for legal reasons since it contains adult material. A lot of it. I have joined since it's beginning and have no complaints. As with any participation web site on the web, there are controversies and trolls. Human nature at work. It's search hasn't caught up with its growth and is hard to find what you want. Since it runs the gamut of BDSM most of it will be more than a plain spanko is used to. No one says you have to look.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 23 Feb 2020 20:56
Fetlife is always worth joining, at least. I've a whole load of friends on there but the interaction for me isn't the same as what BL can offer, but if you are looking for partners (beware)/munches/obscure fetishes you never knew existed/unfettered trolling/acrimonious political discussion it's the go-to place.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 28 Feb 2020 20:45
There are also a lot of great pictures and artwork there, some of which is vintage.
I originally followed a friend from a couple of other sites, mainly to view her artwork, then found others I was already acquainted with.
Not everyone on the site is into heavy BDSM, though it seems to predominate.

mch
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:23
Just try it. What you will find is that there are a lot more people on there who are better known and more active on the Scene than you will find on BL, for example. Plenty of well-known spanking models and writers from all over the world: there are a few of the latter on BL, but many more on fetlife.

Sandysmith9207
Female Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 1 Mar 2020 14:23
I have never heard of bottomlines and will be looking into joining. I hope they accept me. I find it challenging to chat with people who want BDSM not spanking, corner time, mouth soaping and scolding. I have do interest in people being tied up, beaten, etc.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#10 | Posted: 1 Mar 2020 15:29
I have not tried Fetlife, and have always been cautious about the use of spanking related sites.

I joined iPunishment the other year, but left it when someone kept posting child images. Also there was too much BDSM stuff and a couple of posters started asking very invasive questions.

I am a domestic spanking purist and not a BDSM fan, does Fetlife suffer from the same problems as iPun?

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»