The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

SpankeeArchetypes

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 19 Nov 2019 23:45
Would like to list some of what be called spankee archetypes or typical characters. This post is on females, will do male types later(unless someone beats me to it!

1. The Brat. Fairly self-explanatory. Young, teens or twenty somethings. Spoiled, selfish, never spanked or really received much discipline. Allowed to do as she likes, often rude or inconsiderate of others- you get the idea.
But one day she encounters someone who gives her "what she has coming" , as the saying goes. My favorite for this is F/F, a stern aunt or grandmother, a teacher, or a nonfamily member like a store owner who has caught her shoplifting.

2. The Shrew. Usually a wife, but could be girlfriend or other associate who has made a husband or other male's life unpleasant. Great one for " the worm turns" scenario, where a meek, henpecked husband whose wife "wears the pants in the family" finds herself over his knee with them down! Or at the very least with the seat of them(or her panties) very, very warm!

3. The Femme Fatale. A woman who uses her feminine attributes, her sex appeal, to manipulate people and get what she wants, no matter how selfish it may be. A big ego, and not caring who she hurts. An example is an underdressed, suggestively acting woman who decides to make a play for another's husband or boyfriend.
Think of the woman Jolene in the Dolly Parton song of that, who is pleading that she not take her man,"just because you can." (How that song would sound so great if it had a verse where she tells Jolene " Leave my man alone or I'll give you such a spanking you won't be able to sit down for a week!)

4. The High Status Woman. Older, could use the term matronly. Could be a powerful prestigious society woman , always used to getting her way. Maybe a boss lady or supervisor in the workplace, an authority figure who abuses her power or status. Example might be the woman in my story "A Paddling For A Principal."
Central theme would be a woman who is arrogant and haughty getting humbled, "taken down a few pegs." Who discovers that all her money and position won't make having a sore bottom less unpleasant or sitting down on it more comfortable.

5. The Delinquent. Pretty self-explanatory. A girl or woman who is a lawbreaker or rule breaker, who thinks she can do as she pleases and does not think about the consequences. Can be related to 1. Fits well into a judicial or quasi-judicial story. Or a school setting.

People may come up with others. Will be interesting to see responses.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:26
So far, all the archetypes have been women (or girls) who in some way 'have it coming' - their actions and attitudes warrant a good spanking.

I'd add:

6.The Naïve/Gullible Type. Usually young, or out of their depth in a new environment. Easily tricked or manipulated into bending over for a spanking.

7. The Curious. Possibly having unexplored sexually submissive tendencies that lead them to wonder what a spanking would feel like.

I'm sure there are more - but it's late at night and I can't think of any just now...!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 20 Nov 2019 03:26
Here's my addition for the ladies:

{8} The Smart-Ass

She's fairly youthful, I'd say mid-teens to early thirties, someone who likes to be sassy and occasionally just a touch bratty, yet only in a playful, teasing manner. This young lady enjoys being spanked for erotic/fun purposes, so she intentionally provokes such 'punishment' via her good-natured impertinence toward those 'authority figures' (male and/or female) whom she can count on to tan her impudent derriere for her 'disrespect' toward them.

Emotionally, she generally appreciates "going with the flow," thus she may occasionally show spanko-switch tendencies, based on whatever mental state she happens to be in...

--C.K.

P.S.: In the Dolly Parton song "Jolene," the singer would actually be catching a break should Jolene end up stealing her lover, if he's the kind of guy who ditches his ladylove when a physically more attractive woman shows romantic/sexual interest in him.

Patron
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:55
I apologize in advance if this comes off the wrong way, but I think this could be useful.

In Story, archetypes are functions. Examples: The Mentor, the Trickster, The Dark Mentor etc.

So far, we mostly have a discussion of Tropes. Examples: The Hooker with the Golden Heart, the Manic Pixie Dream Girl etc.

Within reason, you can mix and match the two, but it's valuable to truly consider archetypes in their structural definition, because they force movement within your story and with the characters. Characters can also shift archetypes over the course of a story(very useful in spanking stories where power dynamics are at the forefront) whereas tropes tend to be the tent poles of a genre.

Here's some food for thought. A common spankee trope is the eager/naive sorority girl, eager to please and fit in. What function is that in the story?
The "Tom Sawyer" trope is another--the innocent who bravely steps in and accepts the punishment for another. I think the function is more obvious here, because the trope in and of itself reveals character and requires choice, not just a setting or situation.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#5 | Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:13
Excellent point Patron.

In general I believe the tropes we construct are based on the archetypes both real and imagined from our childhoods. Whether those archetypes are inherited from our ancestors or imprinted at some stage is debatable. I tend to agree with Jung more than Freud on this subject.

thepreacherswife
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 20 Nov 2019 17:44
An additional trope/theme:

9. The Good Girl Who Strays. Perhaps a normally very well-behaved girl who is maturing and takes a dare / exerts her independence / makes a grave miscalculation / makes a series of progressively increasing poor choices and understands (albeit reluctantly) the necessity to return to good graces through punishment and penance.

hairbrushedhubby
Male Member

England
#7 | Posted: 20 Nov 2019 17:56
What about lesbian spanking? Older/younger, lovers, room-mates, etc.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 20 Nov 2019 20:31
hairbrushedhubby:
What about lesbian spanking? Older/younger, lovers, room-mates, etc.

Wouldn't pretty much all of these listed female spankee archetypes work within a lesbian relationship, as well as a heterosexual one?

Admittedly for some of them, notably #s 1-5, it would assume a woman or teenage girl attracted enough to a particular feminine partner to accept certain personality/character flaws, however that happens all the time in real life (within various gender combinations), doesn't it? In these fictional cases they end up being dealt with (either regularly or perhaps only occasionally or possibly even just once) by the reprobate undergoing a sound spanking, which obviously isn't typical in reality.

In the case of #6, if the lesbian tricks her lover, who shows no spanko-submissive tendencies, into receiving a bottom-warming from her, I'd hope that it would be done moderately and playfully, also that the spanker would, out of a sense of fairness, allow a 'role reversal' sometime afterward.

In the cases of #s 7 & 8, there would be no problem since the feminine spankee is getting what she desires from her partner, after all.

In the case of #9, presumably the 'naughty girl' would hopefully require only one punitive butt-blistering, or at least rather infrequent ones, from her lesbian disciplinarian, assuming she doesn't decide that she's gratified by such corporal correction.

I can't see any reason why these female spankee archetypes wouldn't work within an F/F pairing, romantic/sexual or otherwise...

--C.K.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 21 Nov 2019 18:32
Good points there about FF, CK.
I'm wondering about archetypes in FM stories as well.
I enjoy both types of stories.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 21 Nov 2019 23:04
This may overlap with 9., but I think it's sufficiently different to count as a separate type.

10. The Guilt-Ridden.
Sometime in the past, she's done wrong, and somehow gotten away with it, but her conscience troubles her, and when the right circumstances (or the right person) comes along, she'll agree to, or even suggest, a punishment to atone and ease her feelings of guilt.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»