The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

To You The Reader

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#11 | Posted: 8 Aug 2017 22:19
As a reader, i feel it is just basic etiquette to leave a comment on a story i read.
Many hours of authors time go into writing stories, so a few minutes of my time to comment seems only fair.
Authors, we the readers salute you.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 18:25
RosieCheeks:
As a reader, i feel it is just basic etiquette to leave a comment on a story i read.
Many hours of authors time go into writing stories, so a few minutes of my time to comment seems only fair.
Authors, we the readers salute you.

Yay! Thanks RosieCheeks. I nominate you for Chairperson of the LSF Readers Association...

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 20:12
Whilst I like a short comment of appreciation, except in a few instances I haven't gained any inspiration from comments.
Much more interesting to me was the number of favourites. Until they were restricted to members only which I consider a great mistake. I never read my stats any more, except for the number of reads on recent posts.
I have to admit that I only ever comment on stories that really interest or inspire me.
I think that the enjoyment of certain genres and the dislike of others is a matter of personal taste, and any attempts to get readers to comment on stories they didn't enjoy may be disastrous.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 20:46
jimisim:
any attempts to get readers to comment on stories they didn't enjoy may be disastrous

Indeed, I don't especially want comments from people for whom my story just didn't push any buttons -- as you say, tastes are very individual. I'd love constructive criticism, though.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#15 | Posted: 11 Aug 2017 00:20
TheEnglishMaster:
Yay! Thanks RosieCheeks. I nominate you for Chairperson of the LSF Readers Association...

Thank you kind Sir, i shall find a suitable chair upon which to place my cheeks.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2