The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

I write like ...

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
jefesse
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 02:50
... Anne Rice, or so the site I Write Like tells me. It claims to analyze your word choice and style, and decide what famous writer you're most like.

I tried a bunch of my own stories on it, and Anne Rice came up most often. I don't think I write anything like her ... but maybe the program is picking up on shared kinky themes (which would make it a scary clever program indeed)!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 04:11
I put in four different stories. It seems that I write like:
William Gibson
Anne Rice
David Foster Wallace
Stephenie Meyer

- The William Gibson was for a finished fanfic style story based off the first Amber book (Nine Princes in Amber).
- The Anne Rice was for a half a finished fanfic style story based off the first Amber book (Guns of Avalon).
I thought they were more or less the same style - but I guess I was wrong.

A funny bit - Margret Atwood pasted some of her stuff and was told she didn't write in her own style.

Goodgulf

Gabbs
Female Author

England
#3 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 06:22
Oh wow, I put in two very different examples and got George Orwell and Jane Austen. I'm deeply flattered but will try not to let that go to my head as I suspect it picks up far more on the choice of words rather than style. Interesting tool though.

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 07:20
Must be total tosh, but having just tried it I've discovered the site to be quite perceptive.

I write like Arthur Conan Doyle.

Respect.

Gabbs
Female Author

England
#5 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 07:38
cheery:
Must be total tosh, but having just tried it I've discovered the site to be quite perceptive.

Yes quite! Deeply suspicious until it tells you what you want to hear! I suggest Goodgulf and jefesse keep trying til they get the results they want!

cheery:
Respect.

Innit'

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 07:50
Elementary my dear Gabbs.

You get me?

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 12:41
cheery:

Respect.

And you look like him too, with your deerstalker hat and that great big puffy pipe

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#8 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 12:54
I write like Raymond Chandler apparently... erm who?

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#9 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 13:31
Well, it gives a different answer with each different piece of writing I put in. I am, however, delighted that Charlotte's Story part one pegs me as Shakespeare, while part two has me as Jane Austen!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 22 Jul 2010 13:32
Linda:
Well, it gives a different answer with each different piece of writing I put in. I am, however, delighted that Charlotte's Story part one pegs me as Shakespeare, while part two has me as Jane Austen!

Hmm and you wonder why I call you strange

So William, it's your turn to make the tea and Jane can bring the biscuits

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»