The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

RIP Alan Rickman

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 16 Jan 2016 14:23
Professor Severus Snape, Hans Gruber (Die Hard) and so many other memorable characters. Often villains, mind you, but he was very, very good at being bad, so to speak. A remarkable and accomplished actor, both on screen and on the stage...

http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Best-Alan-Rickman-Interview-Response-Video-39816247

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 16 Jan 2016 16:46
And by all accounts a very decent man.

I saw him once. It was March 26th 2011, and about 500,000 of us were marching through central London to protest against the cuts to public services being implemented at the time (and ever since!). It was a huge demo, 5 hours long, making its way slowly from the Embankment to a rally in Hyde Park. We'd reached the top of Whitehall where it opens into Trafalgar Square (the roads had been closed) and there was Alan Rickman, leaning against a lamp post on the traffic island in the middle of the road, surveying the slow-moving crowd, probably waiting for a friend. He looked a bit bored. By the time I clocked that it was him (he was very recognisably himself) I'd passed already.

I've read that, politically, he was a man who leaned to the left, where the heart is.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#3 | Posted: 16 Jan 2016 22:28
Loved his dialogue in Robin Hood when as the Sheriff of Nottingham he said to 2 serving girls "You! My room. 10:30 tonight. You! 10:45... And bring a friend".

Not a film fan however RIP Sir, you certainly knew your trade.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 16 Jan 2016 22:54
His work as the Sherrif was brilliant and influenced the way the role has been played ever since. Keith Allen's over the top portrayal in the BBC Robin Hood was definitely modelled on Rickman's. I just recently reread the Harry Potter series and since seeing Rickman play Snape when I read the books I cannot see or hear anyone else in the role.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 17 Jan 2016 04:41
A very great talent on stage, as well as on screen. I've read several accounts of how kind-hearted, generous and funny he was offset with his co-stars.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 17 Jan 2016 20:30
Such a great performer. He will be missed..