The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Ten books to read after "Grey".

Guy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 22 Jul 2015 12:49
I kid you not, the title of the thread is the title of an e-mail I received from a mainline book retailer this morning. http://tinyurl.com/ten-greys

I wonder yet again; is spanking in danger of becoming an accepted adult activity?

opb
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 22 Jul 2015 22:43
Hmm, nothing there written by me. Must be some mistake.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#3 | Posted: 23 Jul 2015 00:19
Guy, Big Brother is watching you, he knows everything, he tells you what to do, resistance is futile.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 23 Jul 2015 01:40
opb:
Hmm, nothing there written by me. Must be some mistake.

Yes, I was left out also. As a matter of fact, I didn't recognize any of the authors. But what do I know?

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 23 Jul 2015 01:44
Ha! I'd already read 4 of the 10 on this list before the 50 Shades hysteria hit, which probably isn't THAT surprising since a fair number of LSF readers likely also enjoy 'erotica.' (Guy, a lot of the books listed tend to appeal to women more than men, which might be why you're not familiar with them.)

What IS surprising to me, however, is that I've seen several of these authors' works (Sylvia Day, Tara Sue Me and Anne Rice's Beauty series) prominently displayed for sale in the book section of Target and other "mainstream" stores.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 23 Jul 2015 02:31
Erotica is a huge market now. I've never really tried to write it, but I am informed that it's quite good practice for authors as it's hard to do well. 50 Shades made it more acceptable, which is why Janine has seen the works of authors she wouldn't normally have on sale in the mainstream stores. Anne Rice's Beauty series was originally published under the pseudonym A. N. Roquelaure, and kind of hidden away. Once 50 Shades became huge it was repackaged and published under Anne Rice's name.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 23 Jul 2015 03:53
"Tara Sue Me" sounds like a set-up for an Austin Powers punchline.