The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Same-Sex Marriage

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Guy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 29 Jun 2015 14:43
I'm probably preaching to the choir here but...

There were some momentous changes last week on this subject! The legal recognition of same-sex marriage is sweeping the globe so fast that 100 years for now it will seem like it all happened on the same day. Still, it's time for certain countries to stand up and be recognized for being ahead of this trend; the Netherlands, closely followed by Spain and Canada.

Personally speaking, I haven't always "been there". It took a while for my opinion to evolve. It was when Canada recognized gay marriage that I really started thinking about the issue. It was Canada who brought same-sex marriage to north America. That's when I realized that it was inevitable in my own country. And so it was, piecemeal at first, and then national as of last week.

In watching the debate over the last few years, I have been saddened by the willingness of my countrymen (some in my own family) to use the hammer of their government to impose their religious views on others. Still (in my humble opinion) the right thing has finally happened.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 29 Jun 2015 15:06
I agree; when I was growing up, homophobia was quite all right, it showed that you weren't to be numbered amongst the perverts, being gay/lesbian was perhaps worse than liking your pleasure tied up in dungeons.

It's also interesting how many of my church friends have also stood up to be counted on this one, because even if you think an action is wrong from a Biblical viewpoint, it doesn't mean you should suppress the liberty of people who don't agree and are not, after all, doing anything to inhibit your own liberties.

I think it's finally happened in America because public opinion generally has swung towards acceptance of gay marriage in a remarkably short time, and in my own country now I would be hard pressed to think of anyone under the age of 30 who doesn't think that being GLB is perfectly cool and gay marriage is, well, just marriage.

Having said that M/m spanking stories are a real rarity in the library, maybe there's an alternative outlet for such?

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 29 Jun 2015 18:36
mobile_carrot:
It's also interesting how many of my church friends have also stood up to be counted on this one, because even if you think an action is wrong from a Biblical viewpoint, it doesn't mean you should suppress the liberty of people who don't agree and are not, after all, doing anything to inhibit your own liberties.

Absolutely. I was pleased to see how many people in Ireland, where the recent referendum went strongly in favour in gay marriage, said in effect, "Ok, I'm Catholic and I'm not gay, but I feel my religion should stand for love and tolerance, so I'm voting Yes."

Now all we need is for Northern Ireland, the one part of these islands still holding out against gay marriage, to jettison its prejudices and come into line with the rest of us.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 29 Jun 2015 19:05
I am thrilled this decision has finally found it's way to the US! Too many same sex couples did not have the protection or the dignity of married couples. Now they do and I know justice is finally served. We all deserve to marry the one we love and know the union is protected and one's partner can make such decisions RE end of life among others. It certainly took long enough!
Islandcarol

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#5 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 00:24
It was a momentous decision, when the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013 was brought in here. It truly changed lives, brought security, happiness and a sense of belonging.

I could understand a lot of the arguments against the legislation and respected their views, but the opposition was from those who it did not affect personally, emotionally and lifelong.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 00:57
I rather regret seeing this subject posted. But since I did, I feel it would be hypocritical of me to be dishonest by hiding my feelings.
Some might say that spanking for other than strictly disciplinarian reasons is a perversion also. But I don't see it that way. I think it is entirely natural to find eroticism in a spanking situation between a male and a female, unless it is between parent and child.
But homosexual unions (I won't dignify it with the word "marriage," which it is not) are unnatural. Actually, since I didn't create this world, my own opinion doesn't count for much. But the Bible says it's an abomination to God, and I am ashamed that the U.S. court has taken this stance. Since this obviously puts me at odds with others here, I'm prepared to accept that it might be for the best if I move on from this site.

blimp
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 01:01
There might be a legal right but not everyone is convinced. Certainly the blue rinse Tories where I live will never ever forgive Cameron! I remember one of the Tory faithful firmly pressing an anti gay marriage leaflet into my hand when parliament was voting on it a few years ago. She accused me of being "flippant" when I suggested that she should consider swapping her husband for a lesbian relationship. I think it is great! Good luck to them!

blimp
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 01:12
Come on Ryan! That sounds like an over-reaction! Why move on from this site because a few people disagree with you? My wife never agrees with anything I say but we are still together!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 01:19
RyanRowland:
Since this obviously puts me at odds with others here, I'm prepared to accept that it might be for the best if I move on from this site.

Please no! I like it better with you here. I think we are pretty inclusive here, and that includes respecting everybody's opinion. Even if it is at odds with the group, you are entitled to your opinion.

Let's get back to spanking.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#10 | Posted: 30 Jun 2015 03:44
RyanRowland:
But homosexual unions (I won't dignify it with the word "marriage," which it is not) are unnatural. Actually, since I didn't create this world, my own opinion doesn't count for much. But the Bible says it's an abomination to God, and I am ashamed that the U.S. court has taken this stance. Since this obviously puts me at odds with others here, I'm prepared to accept that it might be for the best if I move on from this site.

Ryan, looking at it through 21st century eyes, the bible makes many statements that are frankly abhorrent, and would be illegal if carried out now, that the majority of churchmen and women do not support or agree with.

I respect your right to your point of view, however we all have differing opinions on wide range of subjects, be that religious, political, personal etc. Judging a group of people on their sexuality or opinions of others sexuality upsets me, but and then to use that as basis to make you think it best to leave LSF, has truly saddened me, what folk get up to consensually in privacy of their own lives is our choice, whatever that might be.

If you wish to leave LSF that is your 'choice', but i for one as stated would be saddened if a valuable member of LSF like yourself, were to leave merely over the 'choice' others make in their lives.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»