The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

I'd Love to Know if this Study Mentions Spanking

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Guy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 31 Oct 2014 21:29
But unfortunately it's only available to the Journal's subscribers.
Begin quote:
Study creates scientific definitions of sexual deviation
Sexual deviance
Have you ever wondered if your sexual fantasies are scientifically normal? If so, some Montreal researchers may have some answers for you. (Fotolia)
Have you ever wondered if your sexual fantasies are scientifically normal? If so, some Montreal researchers may have some answers for you.
The researchers, affiliated with the University of Montreal, came up with the first scientific definitions of sexual deviation.
The researchers gave 1,517 Quebec adults with an average age of 30 a questionnaire about their sexual fantasies and asked them to describe their favourite fantasy in detail.
The study found men have more fantasies, and have them in more detail. Women have more fantasies involving submission.
Women clearly distinguished between fantasy and desire, while the majority of men hoped their fantasy would come true.
"One of the most intriguing findings has to do with the significant number of unique male fantasies, for example, regarding shemales, anal sex among heterosexuals, and the idea of watching their partner have sex with another man," lead author Christian Joyal said in a press release.

The researchers said some examples of unusual fantasies include "golden showers" and cross-dressing. Typical fantasies include sex in a romantic location or sex with two women, and examples of rare fantasies include sex with a child or animal, the researchers said.

The study was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

:End Quote:

I've gotta say that all of those "unique male fantasies" they mention are quite foreign to me. Further, "Sex in a romantic location" is such a common notion and so commonly done that I would hesitate to call it a fantasy at all, unless "sex home in bed" is also a fantasy. (If so, then I've been living out my fantasy all these married years! )

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 31 Oct 2014 21:50
Guy:
and examples of rare fantasies include sex with a child or animal, the researchers said.

Unfortunately for some children they're not so rare. I have to agree with the research though. To answer your question, I would say with women having more fantasies involving submission, the word 'submission' says it in a nutshell. Interesting post, Guy. Thanks.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 31 Oct 2014 22:57
She: "I want sex in a romantic location this time."
He: "Which part of your body is that?"

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 31 Oct 2014 23:01
I think I agree with Bendover regarding women's fantasies involving submission. To me that says it all. I also read or heard a statistic once stating that 1 in 5 women want to be or like being spanked. Now the only question is, of the next 5 women I see, which one is the right one?

SNM
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 31 Oct 2014 23:34
Do they ever define what makes a sexual fantasy "scientifically normal?"

bendover
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 1 Nov 2014 03:14
SNM:
Do they ever define what makes a sexual fantasy "scientifically normal?"

I definitely see the point here. The term should probably be 'sexually normal.' I've read in research papers that 'spanking' is also termed as The Alternative Sexuality. It just has to be sexually normal when we look at all the people here at the LSF. All of us can't be wrong.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 1 Nov 2014 13:16
I would like to know, If in the survey they asked. Are SPANKINGS given more for pleasure, or corporal punishment? In how many international countries do spankings take place. What spanking implements are used the most. Are most spankings given on the bare bottom.

jon7889
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 17 Nov 2014 19:36
While I haven't read the full article, I have found a couple of places that display a summary chart. Here's a link to one.
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/11/08/what-exactly-is-an-unusual-sexual-fantasy/

Guy
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 19 Nov 2014 01:54
So no, it appears from that chart that spanking didn't even rate a mention. It's pretty clear that none of the authors of the study were spankos, closet or otherwise, or spanking almost certainly would have made the list.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 19 Nov 2014 03:20
Guy:
sexual deviation

The reason spanking is not listed may be because this is writing about "deviations" As far as I am concerned we are not deviants by any means. In fact because we know and acknowledge our kink at least to ourselves in some public manner I suggest we are even more "normal" than regular people are.

That is strictly my opinion and I plan to stick to it so don't confuse me with facts...LOL

CS

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»