The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Yes or No?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 17 Sep 2014 14:26
I know there are deep feelings! But without getting political, I hope after tomorrow's referendum everybody remains friends. Either way, history is being made, and apparently being made peacefully.

From this side of the pond, it appears that the UK population is handling this issue in a remarkably civilized manner. Our histories are very different, and that difference forever reflects in our cultures. I'm afraid the same thing in the USA would devolve into something dangerous.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 17 Sep 2014 22:28
I have always believed in a United Kingdom. Which means, England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland should stay together, to make big happy family. Maybe one day Continental Europe will do the same thing. Just like the 50 States of the U.S.A, we call America the Beautiful.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 18 Sep 2014 18:35
It's hard for me to say what's going to be right or wrong. Those countries involved in The United Kingdom can only judge that for themselves. Although the USA has been a country on it's own for a long time now, we are still protected by England as they are protected by we here in America. We have each other's backs. As long as that type of living in this big world exists, there should be no problems. I may be dead wrong, but it's just the way I feel.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 18 Sep 2014 21:26
My Scottish Friends

As some of you may know Canada went through the same vote from one of our largest provinces and of course the threat is still there. It is not an easy time in any country when such things come to a vote as it can separate families, friends and people far to much. I know how feelings on such things can tear one apart inside as either answer you give or want is far from perfect.

Whatever your decision is today I wish you on either side of the question the best and hope you can continue to be the great nation you are today. I wish you all health happiness and hope. I wish you all would submit spanking stories as well but that is just to make you smile.

Remember to love your family, your friends and your neighbor regardless of the decision and I am sure you and your nation will work things out just fine. The best to you all and know we at KLSF care what happens to our KLSF friends not only in Scotland but around the world.

CS

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 19 Sep 2014 01:13
My Scottish friends were kind of divided on this issue, but most seemed to want to preserve the status quo. Whichever way it goes I hope it is the best thing for Scotland.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 19 Sep 2014 13:49
I'm not going to comment on how the vote went, or which side I favored. However, I do want to comment the people of Scotland for one thing. The heavy voter turnout. I wish that my fellow Americans would turn out in as high a percentage for our elections, as the voters of Scotland did. I believe that when a person votes, win or lose, it sends a message to officials that one cares about one's government. And when a person doesn't vote, it sends a message that one doesn't care.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 19 Sep 2014 15:07
To all my Scottish (or Scotland-residing) friends - whether you voted Yes or No, I'm very glad you're still with us. With your help, and a bit of luck, we can oust this crap government and make the UK a better place to live in. Welcome back!

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#8 | Posted: 19 Sep 2014 16:50
It's been my experience that anything calling itself 'United' isn't united at all - Kingdom, Nations, States, Manchester etc.