The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Lauren Bacall Dies

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 13 Aug 2014 05:00
So soon after Robin Williams' passing, another star has left us. The headline on the news blog that announced it referred to her as an "iconic starlet", which pissed me off. She was every bit the star that her contemporaries were and a prolific and longtime actress. In her own way, she was as much of an icon as Williams, but from a different era. Who can forget her line to Bogie in "To Have and Have Not": "You know how to whistle, don't you? Just put your lips together and blow..."

RIP Betty (real name Betty Joan Perske). Say hello to Bogie for us...

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 13 Aug 2014 20:40
Actually 'iconic starlet' is a great compliment since it means (referring to a person) A person who is very successful and admired. She was all that and more. A beautiful woman in her time. RIP Ms Bacall.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 13 Aug 2014 22:44
Here is to the 'Babe'. Lauren Bacall, and to her ever loving partner, 'Bogey' Humphrey Bogart. May they rest in peach, in each other's arms. Two of the Silver Screens greatest legends.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 13 Aug 2014 22:48
We lost two great performers. A terrible tragedy.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 14 Aug 2014 19:00
She lived a good long life and will never be forgotten. What a woman! I plan to watch a few of her films these next few weeks.
Islandcarol

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 14 Aug 2014 19:27
With the age difference, and him calling her "Babe" because of it, I often wondered if she ever wound up over Bogie's lap.

The terrible thing is that until she died, I thought she was long dead. Most of her classic roles had her playing against actors 10 to 15 years her senior, making her seem older to me. As part of Bogie's generation long past rather than the currently passing generation of star.

Goodgulf