The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

The LSF Spanking Survey

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 15 Mar 2014 21:27
Interesting - I compared the survey with the known orientations of the first 20 women who I could think of in the local spanking/BDSM scene and this came out as:

Tops/dommes 5
Switches 5
Bottoms/subs 10

Maybe the people who play more read less? But it indicates why male top/ female bottom stories are always the most popular even if they don't reflect the wide variety of scene relationships and orientations.

For men the ratio would be more like:

Tops/doms 10
Switches 6
Bottoms/subs 4

which is quite a happy coincidence really. These are real life people who are reasonably active in terms of going to munches and events and only reflects my own friendships of course.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#32 | Posted: 19 Mar 2014 07:49
I have been trying to get people I know at other spanking sites to take the survey, and common questions are "what is it going to be used for" and "how do I see the results". It struck me that the survey and the results may be a good topic for a Wellred Weekly article.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 19 Mar 2014 14:07
Publishing the results revolves around the simple matter of being able to display a table in a post.

Members cannot post tables on a forum post, or a pop up, so it means that our admins would have another large chore every time the results were updated. I am not sure if article writers can include tables in their articles.

The raw data is in the public domain. There is no intellectual copyright on the survey answers, because they are given by members of the public without them agreeing that they have granted exclusive rights to those answers to anyone.

What this means in practical terms is that LSF members who have blogs, and want to create a page to display survey results, need only to ask me and, as custodian of the survey database, I will make the numbers available to them.

An example of what the finished table might look like is here

What will the results be used for? To answer questions that can be answered simply by counting numbers in groups and sub-groups. For example, when does a spanko become a spanko? According to our survey, the majority become fascinated by spankings before they reach puberty.

The site being used for asking and recording survey answers has a number of features allowing any one with access to the site to carry out all sort of analyses on the raw data. If you want to conduct research on those numbers for an article on LSF, your own blog or as part of any academic or other research, you only need to contact me and I will do whatever I can to get you your numbers.

With 200 replies so far, we have an emerging picture of what things seem to be common to most spankos.

If we had 2,000 replies, we would be able to give definitive answers to a lot of questions.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 6 Apr 2014 17:02
There has been a sudden flurry of new responses to the survey - 40 or so in the last couple of days.

We had a similar flurry after getting Chrossed, and I suspect that this one has a similar cause. Someone, somewhere has given a link to the survey on their own blog.

But because of the total anonymity of the survey, we have no idea who it could be. We don't even track referring sites because total absence of tracking was promised to the participants.

So - if it was you who put a link on your blog, here's a deal I can offer in return. Send me your email address via pop up, and every Monday I shall send you a spread sheet of all responses to date for you to peruse and, if you so desire, share with your blog readers.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 11 Apr 2014 03:45
Bumping this to the top, Guyde, so you can see that the thread is still here.

virginiacherry
Female Member

USA
#36 | Posted: 11 May 2014 15:54
There was a question about media. It seemed to be about entertainment, but forums and chats seem a wonderful place to share real life experience.

virginiacherry
Female Member

USA
#37 | Posted: 11 May 2014 16:06
One question was how much were spanko's spanked growing up. From chat's it goes from never to very often.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#38 | Posted: 12 May 2014 19:34
We have had just under 400 responses to the survey - as of today. 15 vanillas and the rest all spankos of one ilk or another.

Apart from the first three questions, every question on the survey came as a direct suggestion from one or more members of LSF - hence its title. It is not an official Library of Spanking Fiction initiative, but one that the members came up with between them.

It has revealed some very interesting facts about spankos - at least about ones who fill in questionnaires: but without some sort of control group, we have no real idea how indicative those answers are to the human populace as a whole.

Nonetheless, the first survey opens up a whole range of questions that could be part of a second survey; should anyone be game for another foray into poll-dom.

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#39 | Posted: 12 May 2014 19:51
What interesting facts has it revealed about us, Guyde?

XxxxX

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#40 | Posted: 12 May 2014 20:48
guyde:
Nonetheless, the first survey opens up a whole range of questions that could be part of a second survey; should anyone be game for another foray into poll-dom.

I thought that was the plan all along.

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»