The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

The LSF Spanking Survey

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#21 | Posted: 8 Mar 2014 20:38
We could just be straightforward and use the labels 'Spanko' and 'Non-Spanko', but I suppose that would be boring.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 8 Mar 2014 20:51
"Non-spanko" is OK, but I thought this might be a time where we spankos could show the outside world just how creative our inventive minds are - without in any way being judgmental.

Don't you think the term "Non-spanko" is almost derogatory in the bucket-load of negativity it carries?

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 8 Mar 2014 21:01
Creative? Sorry, but I don't have a creative bone in my body. Every other term I thought of could be taken as more derogatory than this one.

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 9 Mar 2014 19:50
Perhaps Spanko-vanilla?

That is, they may well not be vanilla in some other aspect of their lives, but are vanilla when it comes to spanking.

Maybe.

I dunno...

Fun survey.

-LK

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 9 Mar 2014 20:33
My friend, who took the vanilla portion of the survey, was not one of those who voiced an objection to the word vanilla. But she did say to me that she has her own kinks that don't happen to be related to spanking and so wouldn't exactly call herself vanilla. She suggested that we add a question to the non-spanko portion of the survey about other kinks. We could add something like that to both sections, actually. I'm sure there are some folks out there who are truly vanilla with no kinks at all - I was married to one of them - but I would be surprised if they were willing to answer the survey in the first place.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#26 | Posted: 12 Mar 2014 20:30
I just thought this needed to be bumped to a place people will see it.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#27 | Posted: 13 Mar 2014 00:19
Thank you for your bump, Alef - erm... I think that is what I mean ...

Anyway - today we have hit 100 responses of whom 5 state they are vanilla (or whatever other term we come up with) and the other 95 are all spankos.

One little early tid-bit that might be indicative, or comment-worthy, is that not one female as declared herself to be exclusively a top. 2 ticked the switches box, but all the rest prefer to receive rather than to give.

If there were to be a future survey, we might ask a question to find out how many spankos suppress their preference in order to be more in tune with their partner's tastes. Something on the lines of "Do you ever switch roles just in order to please your partner?" or something similar.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#28 | Posted: 15 Mar 2014 08:24
Interesting quiz!

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 15 Mar 2014 15:25
Perhaps there should be a question to distinguish between one's preferences in fiction/fantasy and in real life? I enjoy fantasies about non-consensual spanking, for instance, but am firmly against it in reality

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#30 | Posted: 15 Mar 2014 21:12
I think that is a very good point, not only for the consensual/nonconsensual-question, but for a lot of other questions too. I find that I am systematically stricter and more punishment oriented when I think of stories than when I think of real life. There are lots of factors here, I suppose, but my basic feeling is that I have an abstract idea of what spanking means that I can have pure and unadulterated in stories, but which gets modified by other concerns in real life.

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»