The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Rare view inside library

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 12:00
Members who haven't had a chance to visit KLSF headquarters in person may be interested in this photograph I took on a recent visit. It shows a general view of the main building, looking east, with the head librarian's suite on the fifth floor, Februs' laboratory on the fourth, and below that the chatroom and miss Thrashbottom's correctional facilities. Well worth a visit, in spite of the high admission charges.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1414690/thumbs/o-WILL-PRYCE-570.jpg?6]

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 12:16
Fantastic image!

But ... oh dear, Mr Barr - did you fail to observe the 'No Photography' sign by the door? I'm afraid Miss Thrashbottom has requested you join her in the correctional facilities on Monday morning at 8am sharp, where you will be 'reminded' of your little error ...

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 12:18
Looks like a posh prison to me.
"Master Simon Farqhuar-Blenkinsop, you are a very naughty boy and I therefore sentence you to six months of occasional high teas, very rare luncheons and only one tuck box from Mater per month,( which you must share with your cell chums), and may the lord have pity on your soul."

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 12:40
I'm truly sorry about what happened to Alan Barr. But since this illegal photo has unfortunately been released into the wild, it really can't be helped that I happened to see it. So now one question is burning in my soul...

Which shelf is mine?

jon7889
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 12:47
Very nice looking library. I'm curious, does it have features that have become popular in US libraries? Things like group study rooms so you don't disturb others or checking out things besides books. These would be a great addition to the KLSF if you don't already have them.

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 13:08
flopsybunny
Flopsy...eat your Snickers!

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 13:42
tysout:
Flopsy...eat your Snickers!

Hey - I love snickers! I'll eat yours too, given half a chance

jon7889:
I'm curious, does it have features that have become popular in US libraries? Things like group study rooms so you don't disturb others or checking out things besides books.

Oh yes - it has a cafeteria And study rooms and a bank of computers connected to the internet, and state-of-the-art machines that are full of chocolate bars But don't let Miss Thrashbottom catch you eating in the library area, or she'll give you a good whacking.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 13:47
Guy:
Which shelf is mine?

Level 666 row J number 73. It's a very well thumbed shelf, Guy. Very popular indeed - but the last person who tried to copy your writings got caught with the assistance of Februs latest hi-tech theft detectors and the miscreant got poked with a smelly wet mop and pushed down the trapdoor into the spider basement.

He was clean-shaven when he went in and now he has a monster beard!

jon7889
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 14:14
Are the 'study' rooms sound proof and can you check out implements?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 15:02
I guess the advantage to having something 'virtual' such as the LSF is that you can imagine it any way you like. My own view of it would be something far less grandiose than that shown in the image. I see it as a relatively modest building with very much a retro feel, lots of old wood panelling and a few leather seats here and there.

Two floors to the building, the main one and then a basement. On entering I see a spacious foyer with our noticeboard and other announcements pinned to the wall and then just beyond the foyer we have the reception desk, supposedly manned by the Head and Assistant Librarians but more often than not they've both cleared off elsewhere and probably up to no good!

Close to the reception desk there are book stands showing our latest e-books as well as copies of the most recent acquisitions. I see a large queue of people by the latter, ignoring the library's vast content and jostling to read whatever's just come in instead

I then see all the submissions on a series of bookshelves in the main part of the library with a series of other rooms, some public, some private, adjoining. The public rooms would include a cafeteria and anyone who's familiar with BL will know what delicacies flopsy is capable of serving up. There's a soundproofed audio room with a jukebox and several kiosks with headphones in for the purpose of listening to our musical offerings and audio narrations and a general meeting room where visitors can get together to talk amongst themselves (chat room).

Then we have a number of private rooms:

Head Librarian's office: likely to be extremely untidy and littered with piles of manuscripts, chocolate bar wrappers, empty bottles of whisky, lots of indoor plants and remnants of bombay mix scattered about the floor.

Assistant Librarian's office: contains several filing cabinets, the drawers of which are filled with crisp packets and a variety of chocolate bars. There are several glass tanks containing a variety of creepy crawlies and the walls are filled with pictures of horses.

Staff office: a place for all the LSF staff, including the validators, to hang out.

Miss Thrashbottom's office: The less said about this the better but let's just say it contains a large variety of spanky implements and several 'restraining' devices.

That's about it for the main floor, apart from the toilets of course. Then we have the basement which is where I hang out. No windows and generally very little light, a mass of computers and comms equipment and a large fridge containing cans of faux Red Bull.

I guess that's about it, except to say, that in addition we have a plain clothes security officer/bouncer responsible for evicting anyone who might be misbehaving and by misbehaving I don't mean trying to sneakily whack one of the follow library visitors across the backside when they think no-one is looking.

Anyway, that's my vision of the LSF and of course it's open 24/7...

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»