The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Story Character Lover

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
bendover
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 19 Sep 2013 20:09
Has anyone ever simply fallen in love with a Female or Male character in a story? Have you ever thought about what this character would truly look like or act like in real life? There are some stories I've read where I truly sat and thought about it. I'm just curious about other people's reactions to some story characters.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 19 Sep 2013 21:36
I guess it's easier to become attached to your own characters, and I'm certainly guilty of that.

For me it was the characters in my "Sara's Dutch Uncle" series. It really hurt to retire those characters. (The girl, her single mother, and her uncle/spanker/benefactor from Holland who happened to be a closet gay.)

I'm willing to guess that Seegee is quite attached to his Spank Shop characters.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 19 Sep 2013 23:40
I rarely get attached to characters from other authors, except for one short series by Seegee, called Phi Gamma Beta. I found it easy to like the many characters I meet but beyond the story there is nothing because of course I have no control over them and cannot even predict their actions.

Beyond that, I have on occasion taken a real liking to a few characters in my stories, particularly Tim and Rebbecca in my ordered series starting with Kissing Cousins and Spanking Wives #1 and the 6 stories that immediately follow that.

Good question Bendover.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 19 Sep 2013 23:48
I'm attached to a lot of my characters, but I don't think I've ever fallen in love with any of them. I did have someone say about Big Sister was it wrong to be in love with a fictional character because they adored Bobbi. Thanks CS for mentioning PGB. Which particular character or characters has captured your heart in that one? The closest I can think to coming about having real feelings for a character in a story here is Rebecca from Legion's Zoey stories. I think she is just the best mother ever and I love the relationship between her and her daughter.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 20 Sep 2013 00:46
Well, there's Rhett Butler...

But, since this thread seems to have become an opportunity for shameless self-plugging, I would have to say that I love my character, John, in 'The Neighborly Thing.' He is just the perfect neighbor and friend, but there has to be more to him than that. I am feeling compelled to continue that story in the near future.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 20 Sep 2013 07:49
I'm very fond of Aunty Andrea in the "Spank Shop" series, but unfortunately, she prefers women. I'm quite fond of Gabrielle Kennedy too, but I'm scared of what her husband, Bruce, might do to me...

opb
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 20 Sep 2013 09:26
I certainly identify with many story characters, but actually to fall in love with one? Possibly.

I've written a number of stories about the relationship between an author and his fictional characters. In one of which called In the Cafe (not in the LSF - copies on request) the author, co-incidentally one Ollie Patbotham, is said to carry a torch for Sally, a character in the other Sally & Jane stories which are here.

I guess that counts, because I did find myself to be fond of her.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 20 Sep 2013 15:46
There are certain types of characters I'm drawn to and one of them is the strong, brave, self-sacrificing woman. So I like Sophia in The Legend of Sophia the Fair and Dale Arden in The Menace from Mongo, Princess Alisha in A Princess of Vernonia as examples.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 20 Sep 2013 16:39
Like BogiePhil, I often thought what it would be like to carry on a conversation with Auntie Andrea. What would she be like in real life? Miss Taylor of Blimp fame, too. In real life some of these characters must be a real live wire in the sack.

Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 20 Sep 2013 23:13
I've been enjoying reading some of the stories recommended here- I can definitely see the attraction. Seegee's Phi Gamma Beta was particularly engaging.

I'll admit my first fictional love was Dr. Fear from DJ Black's Magic series. I think it's mainly the wizard thing

As for my own characters, I can't say I'd care to spend much time with them at the moment. As a new writer, everything is too fresh to enjoy my own writing yet. It's rather like working on an extensive project with close friends- as much as I may like them at the start, by the time we're through we could use some time apart.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»