The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking in the New York Times

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
jefesse
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 23:15
Folks might be interested in seeing this column by Jillian Keenan in the NY Times, talking about coming out about her spanking kink:

New York times story.

(If the author happens to be here, reading this: that was a very nice (and brave) column.)

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 23:59
Yes, it's an inspiringly clear, courageous and well-expressed article. Good for her! I thought the bit about trying to fathom where her kink came from, and then giving up in exhaustion, was interesting - many here have, in the numerous threads on the topic, reached the same conclusion. It seems she's got the partner she deserves, too.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 00:00
That's a wonderful ending to that article.

Goodgulf

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 00:10
The Lady has guts, that is a fact and is one to be admired in my opinion. It took me years before telling my wife, never mind publishing things in a large city newspaper. One has to admire her for her courage and I certainly hope she has found this Library.

annamarie376
Female Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 02:15
This is a wonderful article. I can identify with her on a lot of levels.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 02:37
Someone drop her an email and ask if she'd like to write a piece for the Wellred Weekly...

On second thoughts, ignore the above, I sent an email anyway...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 03:36
Great article. The themes are pretty much the same of conversations I've had with dozens of others into the kink. A brave woman, too, to put it all out there for everyone to see.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 03:56
Februs:
On second thoughts, ignore the above, I sent an email anyway...

Excellent, Febs. I'm curious if she takes you up on that. I bet she will. She may even become an author or reader. Never know. That was truly brave of her. I look at it this way: If it's all right for same sex marriages to come out in the open, (I agree on that either way by the way) it's certainly all right for us spankos to do the same. Staying in the closet only breeds and strengthens frustration.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#9 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 04:07
Goodgulf:
That's a wonderful ending to that article.

I totally agree and she is a very admirable woman indeed to submit her article to the NY Times. Good on her!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 04:13
Since she makes her living as a writer, I suspect that she would have submitted no matter if the ending was a good one or a bad one.

Of course, reading that story with a bad ending is a horrible thought. One that could prevent countless "I like to..." conversations.

Goodgulf

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»