The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Public Domain Photos or Art

rollin
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 19:43
I'm about to take the plunge and publish on Amazon. In order to do so I need a cover for any ebook I might want to publish. Does anyone know where the people who publish "spanking romances" in ebook form come up with the covers they use? I don't need real lurid art or anything, just maybe a lingerie shot or a bit of glamor photography. Where do I find artwork that I can use without fear of a demand letter charging copyright infringement?

cayenne
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 20:46
if you go to http://www.flickr.com/ you can do an Advanced search, say for lingerie and select: Only search within Creative Commons-licensed content and also tick Find content to use commercially and maybe also Find content to modify, adapt, or build upon. This will call up plenty of stuff you can use for free. If you have a (free) flickr account you will be able to search for sexier stuff too.

Good luck and let us all know how your enterprise goes...

cayenne
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 20 Jul 2012 23:20
I should add a couple of caveats, though Sir Rollin. First, some jokers label pictures which are obviously not theirs as Creative Commons. So be wary! Second, in theory the licence often reserves some rights such as the author's "moral rights". To keep things cosy, it's probably as well to contact the author for permission to use the shot, just to cover yourself.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 20 Jul 2012 23:33
Rollin,

Why don't you take one yourself of one of your lady friends? You can then use your own. I've done that before.