The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking on mainstream TV

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 27 Aug 2011 01:47
I apologize if there's already a topic for this. I was watching the new Underbelly series (Underbelly: Razor) here in Australia (it's a series where they take well known crime stories and fictionalise them) and in Episode 2 there's a spanking. The series focusses on a war to take control of Sydney's vice, drugs and illegal alcohol dens back in the 20's & 30's. One of the characters; a prostitute, attempts to pull a scam on a client, who is also a major gangster. He discovers the scheme and demands his wallet back, but before the girl can return it he insists that she has to be punished and orders her to bend over his knee. She gives him a look and says 'Really?', then does as told. He lifts her night dress and proceeds to smack her bare bottom quite firmly, after the first few slaps the camera focusses on her face and she smiles as the scene fades with sounds of the spanks still echoing.
It's the 2nd time they've put a fairly gratuitous spanking scene into the Underbelly shows. There was on very odd one apropos of nothing in the first series.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 27 Aug 2011 01:49
There is the now famous Weeds episode 44, I think. Maybe one of the best mainstream scenes ever.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 27 Aug 2011 02:00
I wish I could see the Underbelly spanking scene here in the US. The fact that the prostitute is smiling as she is being spanked makes you wonder about the writer, producer, director, and and actress.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 27 Aug 2011 07:30
She wasn't being smacked very hard, Beth. I have the feeling that they want to portray the character as rather enjoying physical pain and humiliation. When she first applies to the madam for the job she's a virgin and is told that the job is not at all glamourous, her only question is how many times a night can she do it? You should be able to download the episode if you want to, just google Underbelly Razor. Spanking scene aside it's not a bad show, although I don't think they'll ever top the original, which was banned from being shown in Melbourne for some time because it had information that may prejudice ongoing criminal proceedings in Melbourne.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 27 Aug 2011 15:37
I am all in favour of spanking on the TV, but you should make sure the set is securely positioned and it is thoughful to put a cusion on top of it.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 27 Aug 2011 16:06
As we probably all know spanking was common on TV back in the 50s and early 60s. I Love Lucy, Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, My Little Margie, Gidget, and numerous Westerns come to mind. Then it became rare or non-existent by the 70s, guess as we say now became "politically incorrect".
Weeds may be a trend who knows? But I don't think we will see the the type of spankings like those Lucy received, where spanking was seen as a way to keep females subordinate to male dominance.
There's more likely be a consensual, erotic angle,like TTWD now.
Might not be just M/F either . Wasn't there a F/F spanking on Reba?

mindyh
Female Member

Australia
#7 | Posted: 28 Aug 2011 01:37
If anyone is interested in viewing that spanking scene in "Underbelly: Razor", just visit Chross' site:

Underbelly-Razor