The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Your Best Work

Page  Page 1 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
rollin
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 21:12
Continuing the "shameless plug" (no it's not, it's advertising) theme here's a question. What do you consider the best thing you've ever written? If you had to pick one entry for the Spanking Literature Oscar/Emmy/Tony/Grammy/ Lombardi Trophy, what would it be?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 21:46
The closest time I ever got to literary pretensions was with "The Ones Who Do Not Return". It's a spanking treatment of "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" by Ursula Le Guin and asks just what you would do for your comfort.

If you've never read "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" I would urge you to do so. It's a powerful story and you can find it at: http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/guin.htm
(note - there is no spanking in it).

Goodgulf

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 23:00
Difficult one. I am constantly surprised by the stories which receive a lot of attention and those which don't. 'The Whipping Table' had many comments, but frankly I consider it very ordinary, while 'For All Eternity' and 'A Literary Spanking' which I consider pretty good, attracted relatively few comments.

But one entry? Um ... I think I'd go for 'For All Eternity'.

However, I'd have to say that given the discrepancy between what I think is good, and what seems to appeal to readers ... perhaps we are not the best judges of our own work?

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 23:08
Linda:
'A Literary Spanking' which I consider pretty good, attracted relatively few comments.

which is a travesty of epic proportions if I may say. I loved Linda's Angel Alphabet too.

My best work, I'm hoping, is yet to come (I do dream of being able to write The Perfect Spanking Story (rather like some do the Great American Novel) - still trying it all on for size,really. And there are different kinds of best: best passage of writing; best entertainment; best spanking/punishment; best image; best plot ... but they're all in different places for me so far.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 23:39
I've thought about this but I really can't make up my mind.
I tend to like my more gentle and romantic ones best.
I think my best idea was the "The Rattan Woman" a take on "The Wicker Man".
The one thing I can't understand is that my stories seem to attract a fair number of views but very few comments.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 23:54
I agree with jimisim - it's very hard to make up my mind. I'm going to go with one that WASN'T on my shameless thread post (and no, not just to mention still one more story. oh, ok, PARTLY to mention just one more story). It's rather unusual in that it's written as a series of letters. Quite frankly, I don't consider it that great of a spanking story, despite it's having more than one. I think I did a good so a good job of depicting the lead character (modeled on a real-life person I knew).

Like some of the other stories mentioned, it didn't get much attention (of course, perhaps in my case it's because the story isn't that good in anyone's estimation other than my own).

The story is called "Letters from Palookaville." One small explanation is necessary - although not explained anywhere in the story (ok, one point off there on the trophy scoring), the story is set in the 1970s, which is my correspondence is by letter rather than email or text message.

- Rick Marlowe

swishswitch
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 02:08
This a great thread for finding stories to read that are bound to be good. The Library is dauntingly huge and all on the same subject !! Being relatively new here I can feel different stages being gone through. I am now a bit more immune to the thrill of the imagery than I was to begin with, and so more discerning of other qualities in the stories.
Anyway mine is simple. I only wrote one story. But the work I am most proud of is "To Bees or not to Bees", which is of course, the least read.

Raptor
Male Author

Canada
#8 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 02:48
One night I had a fantastic dream. In that dream I wrote the most amazing spanking story. While I wrote it I laughed, I cried, I was inspired to new heights. My emotions ran the full gammit from A to B.

The story hit like a tsunami. it was published in Reader's Digest, then I expanded it into a full book, and finally a movie script, soon a television series followed. Tom Selleck was the spanker, Amy Adams was the spankee.

As I woke up I struggled to remember the evaporating details, but the title stuck in my jangled mind long enough for me to scribble it down on the back of an old envelope sitting on my bedside table...

WHEN YOU SHAVE YOUR DOG'S ASS, HOW WILL YOUR HORSE GET HOME?

What little I remembered of my stupendous story made about as much sense as the title.

I guess my best work is yet to come.

kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 02:53
I don't even have to think about that question! Hands down my best writing to date is the series, The Girl Will Never Learn. Although it's probably not the most popular story I've written, it is my personal favorite.

Katie B

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 3 Dec 2010 03:46
It is interesting that authors' favorites share the same fate. My choice for my best writing is yet another piece that seems to appeal to a very small number with not a single reader claiming it a favorite. And yet there are pieces I have written that are by no means as good that have been selected as favorites and read much more often. Go figure.

My best piece? "Montage" without question.

Page  Page 1 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»