The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Thoughts on the next spanking story contest

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 19:59
Several people have been asking when we are going to run the next spanking story contest, saying that it would be nice to have something with a Christmas theme.

How would you feel if we had two contests - the first in the run up to Christmas, having a maximum word length of 500 words, and the second extending into the new year and providing scope for lengthier stories?

The first one could have a theme of Winter (which would incorporate Christmas for anyone who might like to focus specifically on the festive period) and the second could be another picture story challenge.

If we were to go ahead on this basis, would there be sufficient interest?

Thanks, flopsy

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 20:35
I've never been able to write a 500-word story, so don't be shocked to find me on the sidelines of any contest with that rule. On the other hand, such a contest might encourage a somewhat different batch of writers, and that could be good for the library.

FWIW I also didn't expect to join your first picture contest, but I woke up one morning with a story in my head that matched the picture! So I guess we never know for sure.

Guy

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 20:46
I like both ideas. I thought the picture worked extremely well in titillating (bottomelating?) the imagination, and the subject of Winter is broad enough to suit all but those living near the Equator while being specific enough to rule out off-the-shelf stories.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 21:43
Game for both.

blimp
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 22:03
Good idea. I like the idea of a word limit

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 22:30
Ooh...contests? Prompts/themes are always great ways to stimulate writing. Sounds good to me, although 500 words is awfully short. I'll bet that's hard to do!

So I'm afraid to ask.. what do the "winners" get?

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 22:59
Doubt very much if I can write anything I would wish to enter in under 500 words, Imo its just too short although I'd try if it was a 1K or pref a 2K limit.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 16 Nov 2010 23:17
It's worth a go for 500. We can all do it if we try

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#9 | Posted: 17 Nov 2010 01:12
This time I probably would get some time to make my lazy brain working. I only wrote one single story with 500 or so words, so it would be a challenge.

imreadonly2
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 17 Nov 2010 02:00
I actually rather like the 500 word limit. It's tough, but it enforces an interesting sort of discipline (which is what this board is about, after all!)

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»