The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Picture Story Challenge - Now open for voting

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Lincoln
Male Author

England
#11 | Posted: 13 Sep 2010 10:42
I think one can vote as one goes through, as it marks the stories that are in the running, and also you can change your mind! It is very difficult owing to the high standard of the entries. I can't wait to see who wins!

blimp
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 13 Sep 2010 12:48
I vote as I go otherwise I forget which were the ones I really enjoyed. Then I shall go through them at the end and find the one or two I like the most.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 13 Sep 2010 13:15
flopsybunny:
I'm surprised people are voting already if they haven't yet read all the stories.

Like blimp and Lincoln, I use votes as temporary "place keepers" so I can remember my favorites. Ultimately I go back and re-read my favorites before deciding my final distribution of votes.

With 50 stories to compare, one must have some sort of method.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 22 Sep 2010 00:45
I notice we have just exceeded 1000 votes. That calls for some sort of celebration.

Guy

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 23 Sep 2010 03:29
I am happy that this contest is over. I had a terrible time to select ten of the best, out of 50. If course, I only gave one vote each. I changed my votes, a few times. What a difficult decision. It wasn't too bad in reading 50 stories in the allotted time. I thought that I would have difficulty.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 23 Sep 2010 04:08
Sebastian:
I am happy that this contest is over. I had a terrible time to select ten of the best, out of 50. If course, I only gave one vote each. I changed my votes, a few times. What a difficult decision. It wasn't too bad in reading 50 stories in the allotted time. I thought that I would have difficulty.

Well, on the next story challenge we run you'll be able to vote on each of the stories so that should hopefully remove any agonising over who to vote for.

Gabbs
Female Author

England
#17 | Posted: 23 Sep 2010 10:48
Sebastian:
I am happy that this contest is over. I had a terrible time to select ten of the best, out of 50.

LOL! Yes I quite agree! Though I'm not glad it's over, I've very much enjoyed the last two weeks. I kept comprehensive notes of all the stories and short-listed those that I felt deserved at least one vote...and ended up with a list far longer then ten! It was a bit of an agonising choice to get it down, but it really makes you think about the elements you enjoy, and what makes a good story. So really, thanks to everyone who took part because there were so many great stories in there to be read!

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 23 Sep 2010 18:11
Gabbs:
So really, thanks to everyone who took part because there were so many great stories in there to be read!

Gabbs:
an agonising choice to get it down

For once, I agree with Gabbs - so many excellent stories, and a poem too, made it exceedingly challenging selecting the fortunate few to be graced with a vote. This contest elicited stories of hilarity, originality and thought-provoking brilliance: the picture did indeed tell a thous--, well, 50 stories.
Next time: a word limit please (5,000?), and new voting system as discussed.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 23 Sep 2010 18:19
I agree a limit of 5000 (or even less) is advisable, particularly if you have 50 stories to adjudge! Having said that, I'm lost in admiration for the quality of the entries.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 23 Sep 2010 22:47
TheEnglishMaster:
Next time: a word limit please (5,000?),

Just my humble opinion:

I say let's keep the rules simple & few and then trust to the voters to express their preferences. A too-long story will simply win fewer votes, just the same as would a too-short story or a too-anything story.

Guy

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2