Secrets and Lies Story Challenge 2013

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 26 Jul 2013 02:23
canadianspankee:
I just checked out the number of entries and it is still a little on the smaller side of things then I had hoped. I

Don't be fooled. We have many more to load.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#12 | Posted: 26 Jul 2013 02:30
flopsybunny:
We have many more to load.

That is great news...I knew there had to be more, but you were keeping those stories a secret...following the theme of the Challenge of course.

CS

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 26 Jul 2013 19:29
Gee folks, I'm awfully glad I logged on today. i might have missed the event. We just returned from vacation at 3 am this morning. What an intriguing challenge! I see this site is still rocking!
Islandcarol

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 11:28
Thanks to everyone who has sent in their entries. The deadline date approaches ... one day left to send in your stories

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#15 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 05:18
It's incredible. A miracle. Probably the third (*) one of Pope Francis' doing.

I had a few hours free. I browsed through LSF. Noticed that there were only a few hours left. Felt a rush of inspiration (that's Pope's doing). Wrote it. Read it. Didn't like it, but couldn't let a miracle going down. Submitted it, probably on time (there's five hours time difference between me and UK). Now another miracle would be getting a few positive comments.

(*) 1st: Made Brazilians like an Argentinian. (A tough one as miracles go)
2nd: Spent a few hours lost in middle of Rio crowds and didn't get mugged. (Do you know what's the probability of that?)

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 15:14
Good for you, KJM (even if the Pope helped you out)! Hopefully Flopsy won't consider that 'collaboration' and disqualify your entry!

58 stories loaded with less than 9 hours til deadline. How many more procrastinators are still out there??

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#17 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 16:48
KJM:
2nd: Spent a few hours lost in middle of Rio crowds and didn't get mugged. (Do you know what's the probability of that?)

Ah, but KJM, how can we be sure the guy who emerged from the crowd in that concealing get-up was the one who disappeared into it?

Unfortunately I'm off on holiday for most of the voting period and while I'll try personfully to read and vote on as much as I can, I doubt I'll be able to follow my normal practice of reading (if only skimming) the lot. My apologies - because I'm usually very annoyed when people read about half the stories and vote on them, heavily disadvantaging the rest.

However, that thought gave me a solution. I notice so often that among my own submissions, the ones with an obviously sexy title get read by far more people than those with a more subtle or obscure title, the sort that might make me curious. That's despite all readers presumably understanding that all entries will be spanking stories. So I'm going to try to balance that by picking out first the stories with non-sexy titles, especially those that tickle my curiosity, and get round to the sexy titles only if I have time, the most obvious ones coming last.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 18:08
barretthunter:
the ones with an obviously sexy title get read by far more people than those with a more subtle or obscure title,

Which is completely and utterly dumbfounding, but nevertheless appears to be true. People, it's a spanking story contest. You don't have to worry if maybe, just maybe, there is an actual spanking lurking in the story with the vanilla sounding title. Trust me--there is.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 1 Aug 2013 01:09
barretthunter:
the ones with an obviously sexy title get read by far more people than those with a more subtle or obscure title

I suppose one way around that, at least for the Challenges, is to remove each title when posting them and simply refer to them by number. Although nothing is foolproof when it comes to assuring equal viewings and figuring out why readers choose what they choose. For example, story #69 might get more views than story #4, just because of its number! LOL

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#20 | Posted: 1 Aug 2013 03:19
Wow...I am impressed. Over 60 entries, and when I posted my note I think there were 7. Well done out there to all who got in a entry, and to those who tired their best to get an entry in.

CS

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»