LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

World Building for the Spanking Sorcerer Story

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 25 Dec 2021 22:31
More than one person has asked me, so here's the world building for the setting.

It started off at first edition Pathfinder (often called D&D 3.75) existing in the modern world, without using a modern rules set. Like in most game worlds, the vast majority of inhabitants have NPC classes, mostly the Expert class (no magical abilities, little combat, but they improve on their skills).

I purposely did not mention any divine magic, because it is very easy to offend people when dealing with the game stats of modern religions. In Pathfinder there is healing magic available to Bards, Alchemists, Witches (who make pacts with otherworldly forces rather than specific Beings), and a few other more obscure classes. A Bard can make a "Cure Light Wounds" potion as easily as a cleric, but those potions are more expensive for Moderate etc.

Pathfinder has most wizard types starting at age 22+, but I figured with modern educational theories the keeners would reach first level at the end of high school to the first or second year of post secondary studies.

All sorcerers have special abilities based on their bloodlines, and most need to take feats to have a familiar. Henry had to take a pair of feats at first level to have "Craven the Raven" as a familiar. No, it isn't the most efficient build, but the character was designed around story rather effectiveness.

Yes, there are people with non-magic using classes in the story (police, etc) but it's easiest to tell when a spellcaster gains levels because spells become more powerful.

The character "George Delaney" is the cohort of the never seen "Reginald Cote III".

All spells mentioned are in various books, and available online. Search for spell name and the word pathfinder and you'll find the spell details. The same for feats or other game terms.

And I'm happy to encounter so many fellow gamers who enjoy spanking

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 5
danjackson84, Derrick30, paperbark, school
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9