library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

In Praise of... Pandemic! ("The Spanking Bug")

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 19:40
It is not my intention to make light of the current coronavirus health crisis. Indeed, as I sit here in self-quarantine, I am all too aware of the terrible effects of the current situation - the direct effect on those who have been infected (in some cases, particularly among people of my age and older, where it is life-threatening), and the more indirect effects on the multitudes whose finances and daily routines have been disrupted.

There is, however, a contagion that most of us here at the LSF would welcome with open arms. Even to mention it brings a certain risk, however. Long-time members may recall that nine years ago this month I resigned as the Library's Shameless Self-Plugger in Chief (SSPiC). Despite the hearty skepticism of my fellow members that I was sincere in stepping away from that role, so assiduously have I avoided COMPLETELY making EVEN ONE plug for one of my stories, that I not only stifled one of my own characters when he was about to do so, but I also refrained from participating in "Njrick's Six of the Best - Participating Authors Bonus Round."

Current events, however, cause me to risk ridicule as a hypocrite for failing to adhere to my now nine-year-old policy by a one-time deviation. In the spirit of Carolina Paddler (who has long since assumed my former role as SSPiC), I hereby recommend for your reading pleasure a story written many years ago: "The Spanking Bug" by Rick Marlowe.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 20:15
We wonder how contagious that bug might be. ;)

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#3 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 20:32
One flu over the cuckoo's nest?

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 20:39
First of all NJ Rick, I am sorry you are in self quarantine and wish you my best. The governor has pulled the plug on school in my state and I am out of work. That is a real bite for a substitute teacher who depends on that source of income. I will not share what state, but it is gonna hurt me.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 20:45
@CarolinePaddler

I'm so sorry to hear that. Thus far, you've been affected far more than I, since I can at least work from home in order to keep that paycheck coming. Hope you're back to work soon, and stay well!

Often123
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 21:16
I have a vanilla female friend in NJ who keeps me filled-in on what's going on there.
Rick & CP, I hope things will clear up soon.

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 16 Mar 2020 21:41
Thank you njrick and often 123. After losing my wife recently this place has been my place as solace. If I had a wish it would be that more readers comment on stories like it used to be on this site. That is the fuel that makes this sight as bright as some bottoms!

JaneNo
Female Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 17:41
What a lovely story to think of in the pandemic, Thanks for directing me to it.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 20:27
CarolinaPaddler:
Thank you njrick and often 123.

You're quite welcome. I found refuge here myself.
Everyone who has something to say, comment on the stories.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 18 Mar 2020 20:15
njrick:
I hereby recommend for your reading pleasure a story written many years ago: "The Spanking Bug" by Rick Marlowe.

And thanks for coming off the wagon to do so. I tried to comment again, but it was 'discarded' (only one comment allowed per story, it seems) so let me instead recommend this here as a really fun, light-hearted story that provides a good chuckle in these dark and scary days.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 3
aaron1996, Goodgulf, Kanchyk, mastroe, spanker30, stprag
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9