library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

The Gleam in Her Eye

guyde
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 25 Feb 2014 16:16
This is not so much a plug as an exercise in how a good idea can be turned into a story that works, or into one that doesn't.

The basic plot of The Gleam in Her Eye is identical to that in The Filifeldia Experiment.

The Filifeldia Experiment is a cold and hard account relating how a new improved version of eroticobots confounded the manufacturing company by acquiring a spanking fetish without it being programmed. (neat -eh?). But the tale came out as a tech-fest of detail, with no other plot development than: "Hey - this is neat, don't you think?"

Islandcarol sent me a pop up to suggest how a couple of simple changes in POV and plotting might work better.

And she was right. We collaborated to breathe life into a technical discourse and turn it into personal accounts of how individuals reacted to a robot with self taught spanking urges. In the process, it was relatively easy to come up with the classic three parts of a sound tale: set-up, development, denouement.

Then, throwing on a loose tag line at the end, we started what is turning out to be a real fun series for us. (Plug alert - you will never guess what is going to happen in the final episode of this serial. ).

So - if you ever want a case study in how not to write a tale, The Filefeldia Experiment is the before side of the equation. And Episode 1 of The Gleam in her Eyes is the afterwards.

Should you ever feel one of your own stories really does not work, then you might want to consider changing the whole point of view so that it takes on new dimensions.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 26 Feb 2014 04:05
This is great advice for any authors who feel like their creativity has temporarily slowed.
Well done, Guy. You write great plots]
Islandcarol

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 26 Feb 2014 14:41
Helping one another is always a great deal. It's amazing that the LSF can have so many stories with so many various plots. Way to go IC and Guy.

lewsseau
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 27 Feb 2014 00:16
To be honest, I think the two stories complement each other. I added both to my favorites. For those of us who are techies, it was nice to have a story ("The Filifeldia Experiment") that supplied some of the background info.

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 6
blackmask, dund93, ebbetsjim, flopsybunny, Hotscot, Isles80, mihaispk, PGreenham, travelmark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9