LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

Golden Oldies

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 20 Apr 2012 19:15
There has been some discussion on the forum recently about the hidden gems sitting gathering dust in the depths of the library archives - fabulous pieces that have few comments or no comments at all - works that, with the current fixation to only select reading material from the Recently Loaded list, have got forgotten about over the years.

Well, I went excavating. I blew the dust off this one, vaccuumed off the spiders web from the cover, and poked the spider with a big stick till it went away ... Here is my first Golden Oldie. It is The Statue, by Flogmaster.

Read and enjoy and comment, and perhaps share a few Golden Oldies of your own.
flopsy

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 21 Apr 2012 01:07
Thanks for that, flopsy. Great initiative. Most of my golden oldies I'm not sure made it over here. I would however like to recommend any of Paris Morreau's Danny stories or Daria Little's Dusty and Debbie series.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 21 Apr 2012 01:54
I simply use the Lucky Dip. I find quite a few oldies with a lot of reads but not on comment. Why don't we put a YEAR filter in the SEARCH for these little gems? I'm sure there are many stories from 2009 that would make pleasurable reading. Maybe a tip of the week on the home page would make a difference. Once again, I believe more authors tend to show up on the forum than readers. It pays to advertise.

B

drkeate
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 21 Apr 2012 10:19
A tip of the week is a good idea. I use Lucky Dip a lot, but when I first came on this site I used the Browse categories all the time. In fact what I first loved about this place were the genres, where I could pursue my personal addictions, and the fact that someone had put a lot of work into them. I didn't even look at the Latest until I started posting myself! It's a bit different then. But whichever way you do it you miss something. If i'd just stuck with genres, which for me means Judicial (Number 1) and then school & fantasy & historical, I'd never have come across people like eve & islandcarol. So maybe we should nominate weekly, or recommend uncommented stories we've come across?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 21 Apr 2012 13:32
bendover:
Maybe a tip of the week on the home page would make a difference.

An excellent idea - one that the reader/members can easily implement without any assistance from Februs (for once) simply by making plugs here on the plugboard (which , of course, will show up on the main page as recent Forum posts).

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 5
ElyFant, raygirl36, Seegee, SlippersSting, Zedbront
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9