The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

Weatherman

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 5 Mar 2012 13:17
I'd like to recommend "You Don't Need a Weatherman," by barretthunter, and its sequel "Stormy Weather," two older stories that appear to have been completely overlooked. Great characters, descriptions, dialogue and action.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 5 Mar 2012 14:03
I really appreciate these types of suggestions, and will certainly check out those stories.

The LSF is like an iceberg. The "Latest" list represents only the tiny easily seen portion of the whole. The "good stuff" is there and available to all, but you need to dig a little. The "digging" is easy because Februs has been kind enough to provide the tools.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 5 Mar 2012 15:40
Many thanks, njrick! I had actually been thinking that the Plugboard could be used by authors from time to time to disinter and recommend their own old stories - and it makes total sense for readers to do the same.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 5 Mar 2012 17:59
I agree Rick, that was darn good of you. The older stories deserve a read. I always get a nice comment from Flopsy saying something like.... Ben, thanks for the comment on one collecting dust.

You can also use the SEARCH like this:

Type=Story, Filter=Validated, Sexual Content=I don't bother with this one, Ages=I do Adult-Teen-Child, Spanker-Both, Spankee=Both (or for spanker/spankee whatever floats your boat). Then click search. You'll get a variety of stories from different dates.

The BROWSE also works great. Just select what you want.

Of course these suggestions are for the new people.

B

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 6 Mar 2012 03:10
Guy:
The "digging" is easy because Februs has been kind enough to provide the tools.

The tools are wonderful, but only to a point. There's no way you can categorize (and therefore search for) quality, or even preferences in qualities such as style, tone, realism, etc., that make a difference to me in my enjoyment. But I guess where this tool - the Plugboard - comes in handy.

barretthunter:
it makes total sense for readers to do the same

... not that I'll limit myself to what makes sense!

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 7 Mar 2012 01:09
bendover:
You can also use the SEARCH like this:

Type=Story, Filter=Validated, Sexual Content=I don't bother with this one, Ages=I do Adult-Teen-Child, Spanker-Both, Spankee=Both (or for spanker/spankee whatever floats your boat). Then click search. You'll get a variety of stories from different dates.

I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating. When the Search brings up the list of stories it arranges them from last date added to first. If you click on Added it will reverse that and show stories from first date to last so you can see the old stories first. Added works as a toggle to rearrange dates.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 7 Mar 2012 03:46
I always liked to read the real old stories. The problem is that I don't have the time since there are so many things to do in the library. Maybe, we should have an oldies period so that we can read the old stories.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#8 | Posted: 8 Mar 2012 08:11
Maybe there could be a monthly recommended list of well written golden oldies or recent but forgotten goodies on the lsf homepage next to the latest loaded list hehe... just a suggestion, and sorry Februs I know you're a busy boi so I understand if you don't have the time to do this but it would certainly direct readers attention to something other than the latest list.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 3 Apr 2012 16:18
tiptopper:
I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating. When the Search brings up the list of stories it arranges them from last date added to first. If you click on Added it will reverse that and show stories from first date to last so you can see the old stories first. Added works as a toggle to rearrange dates.

That is a great find, tiptopper! I've been coming to the library for several years, and never realized you could sort the output of searches.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 3 Apr 2012 21:14
jefesse:
That is a great find, tiptopper! I've been coming to the library for several years, and never realized you could sort the output of searches.

You can order the output of searches by any of the following:

title
author
submission type
number of words
date added
number of views

... in each case clicking the column heading a second time will toggle the order.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
Capnsmack, Daemon10, Devilsadvocate, Jflow13, john4, seacap63
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9