library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

The Mystery of the Spanking Cluedo

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 20 Dec 2011 19:42
I thought I'd post about the process of writing my three-parter "The Mystery of the Spanking Cluedo" (part 3 currently waiting to go up). It's a detective mystery within a spanking story or vice versa, but I haven't taken the same care with the detective details that I did with Silver, Blaise or my two Sherlock Holmes pastiches. What has been really interesting has been writing through the eyes and mouth of Lieutenant Eustace Budleigh-Salterton, who is spectacularly thick (he's based on Agatha Christie's Captain Hastings, taken down one rank and moved from a surname from one seaside resort to another). I've used similar characters before, and the central character in "The Sound of Munich" is a bit of an upper-class twit, but he combines amazing ignorance about politics with a great deal of low cunning and although the story is from his point of view, it's told in the third person, which makes it easier to show him in whatever light I want.

If Budleigh-Salterton were just stupid, I wouldn't consider this a suitable subject for humour: but he combines amiable and loyal stupidity with gross prejudices maladroitly expressed, a high opinion of his own intellect and a complete inability to understand other people. For example, he recalls during his First World War service advising his soldiers to point the end of the gun with the hole in it at the Germans. A major, overhearing this, makes an obviously sarcastic remark about Budleigh-Salterton being a clever chap, but Budleigh-Salterton takes it as praise. I hope I've managed to convey many times over through his account that he's misunderstanding. Quite fun!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 29 Dec 2011 15:21
Just like to add thanks to Chris from Down Under for help with Australian vintage slang.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 11
Essexotk, Hector, Heroth, jackcole, kylem, Robin25
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9