LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

An Epic Tail!

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
opb
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 1 Dec 2011 13:16
In an attempt to waste a little time I did a cursory evaluation of my stories to see whether they received more views and comments depending on their length, and the findings were, if not meaningful, then interesting in a bizarre sort of way.

I only looked at the single part stories, and not the poems, and I discounted the times I had commented on my own stories before I had to visit Miss TB as a result. The word counts varied between 400 - 3000 words

The Words/Views ratio varied from 4 - 28, but clearly those with lowest word counts attracted a lower W/V ratio, indicating that the readers ( at least those who read my stories in particular) might prefer shorter stories, which is interesting as some of my best work is very long.

The Views/Comments ratio varied from infinity ( no comments ) to 12, but there appeared to be no correlation between story length and the likelihood of a viewer to comment.

Interestingly, of the 3 stories which had attracted no comments at all, 2 had been favourited.

Now, another facet to this spurious research is that there was a large rise in commenting activity a while ago, and as stories get most of their views when they appear on the newly posted list, the newer stories will have an advantage over the older ones in comment-garnering.

On the matter of serials, as they're perforce longer the W/C ratio couldn't sensibly be compared to those with far fewer words, and assessing the actual number of readers is tricky as we spoke about earlier.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 6
Backbeat, ElyFant, insonia, kenjperr, nick2911, opb, sidel
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9