LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

MR Letters

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 21 Sep 2011 02:27
I just sent Februs the latest material from MR magazine. It is a fairly long, detailed letter from MR September, 1964 from J.E. of California. Those of you who are into F/M should check it out. I think that you will like it. It should be loaded soon.

heyou
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 21 Sep 2011 12:06
THANKS

Turned 60 yesterday, so I remember reading many of those letters when the mag came to the newstand

Now, unlike then, I find the Fm of particular interest

Keep up the good work

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 21 Sep 2011 12:38
Have a very fond memory of MR and its letters. Was the first place where I learned that there was tthere were others besides me that had this "thing" about spanking.
Have enjoyed reading these letters from the late 50s and earlier part of the 60s. I did not discover MR until later in those years when I had moved to a larger town that had newstands selling material like that. Look forward to seeing some of those letters sometime, and also more Wild Wild World.

brian9
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 21 Sep 2011 13:26
I remember seeing Mr. Magazine for the first time as a freshman in college in 1963. A guy in my dorm had a whole stack of magazines. I couldn't believe it when i discovered the letters section. Like redskinluver, that was also the first time that I was not the only one in the world fascinated with spankings.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 23 Sep 2011 07:47
I can't remember exactly how I found out about these letters in Mr. but share with many others here at the LSF strong memories of how much they impacted my development as both man & kinkster. As a under age teen in the sixties I could buy many at a time at used book stores. You know; the old fashioned ones that reeked of musty acid based old paper with tons of 'Girly' mags in boxes in the back with clerks that didn't care how old you were just that your money was green. I have had conversations with CFPub's about all this and I agree with him that today they seem rather tame compared to how important they seemed back in the day. However. It's a great thing that so many of them are getting new life here at the LSF even though we know now that they were ghost written by someone. If only we knew for certain who that someone was. Much speculation has passed on this board about that but maybe someone will discover who for certain or better yet step forward and claim them.
Grin!

MikeBrown
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 24 Sep 2011 16:17
Like redskinlover I have good memories of MR magazine. I believe the magazine was available through the
early 1980's, and I was happy that I was not the only one with my particular kink about spanking. I am enjoying reading the post from the early sixties as I was not old enough in 1964 to appreciate the material.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 24 Sep 2011 16:58
this is a reprint of my comment on one of those---
I'm sure this was written by staff writers at MR or by a freelance writer on contract. I found MR very interesting in the 60's but puzzling. They had to know they had found a niche with the spanking letters and later they had a Wide Wide World column that had spanking anecdotes. Then in the featured model interview section I recall they'd always have something about the model being spanked. And I recall some spanking fiction as well. But having stumbled onto this, it was surprising that they never exploited it to its full potential. It was as if they were a bit reticent to go all in with the spanking genre and it remained a mainstream "men's magazine" until its demise.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 24 Sep 2011 19:05
Rollin you are certainly correct about what MR contained. I recall a couple fairky decent pieces of fiction-maybe they'll turn up here someday/
There were also a couple other magazines from the same publisher that occasionally ran spankin-related stuff, though not to the extent Mr did. They were SIR and Man to Man.
Also the fetish mags Nugget and Cavalier, in the same "girly mag" category sometimes has spanking letters and articles.

winelover
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 24 Sep 2011 21:04
I once found a group of these letters reprinted in a pamphlet that was sold on E Bay. I wonder if they accurately represented the 50's and sixties.

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 25 Sep 2011 03:36
Rollin,

Based on nothing at all but having lived thru the 60's, I suspect that a monthly magazine devoted entirely to spanking would not have found space in the mainstream venues which sold "respectable" girly magazines.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 3
Biker, bonemouth01, jillglba, katee, mobile_carrot, phoenixusurped, rayleighbarns, school, ThomasPetersen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9