LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

The Sugarmouse "Common Courtesy" audio

billboard
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 13 Aug 2011 15:21
I want to plug the audio narration of my story, "Common Courtesy."

When Flopsy was selecting stories for the audio project, she assigned me to record this one. Before I got it recorded, I listened to Flogmaster's "The Agreement," narrated by The English Master and Flopsybunny. It was a fantastic "listen" and I learned that they had read their lines separately and that Februs had taken the two files and edited and spliced their voices together.

I thought it would be fun to do the same with "Common Courtesy," so I asked my good friend, Sugarmouse to read the lady's part, expecting that I would edit in the words of the naughty, discourteous, "Billy." I asked her to narrate the whole story and then I could decide where to chime in. When she sent me the file, I put on the old headphones and listened - and her reading was stunning! Talk about bringing a story to life!

And when I finished, I was - how to say this - ready for a cigarette. And I don't smoke! I don't smoke cigarettes, that is. But, I was pretty much smoking anyway.

I realized instantly that my trying to add something to her narration was impossible. It would be like my trying to improve on the Mona Lisa with a box of crayons. So, I sent her solo version straight in for posting. If you're interested in hearing a truly dramatic reading, and you don't mind an F/M story, give it a listen.

There are many fantastic narrations on there now and it was great fun for me to hear what all of those people sound like. The English Master could do Masterpiece Theatre and pull it off without a hitch. Blimp's narration of Flopsy's "Freddie and Mrs. Brown," is hilarious.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 13 Aug 2011 15:48
It is indeed a "performance" rather than a simple dry reading of the story. Wonderful voice!

blimp
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 14 Aug 2011 01:24
Mind blowing! I haven't heard anyone read like her. I told her she missed her true vocation as an actress. She did one of my stories and it was unforgettably good! She doesn't ham the dialogue at all but it is a perfect performance. Bravissima!!

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#4 | Posted: 15 Aug 2011 11:17
blimp:
Mind blowing! I haven't heard anyone read like her. I told her she missed her true vocation as an actress

I think you may be right. Her voice modulation is particularly impressive.

I would love her to record one of my stories.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#5 | Posted: 18 Aug 2011 14:16
I think I should also add my thanks here to Valerie for her recent audio recordings of my stories

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 18 Aug 2011 14:29
Thank you, Hotspur.
They are good stories, and I really enjoyed reading them.
Valerie

billboard
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 19 Aug 2011 03:31
I second that emotion about Valerie, Hotspur. As usual, she's been doing her work while some of us (ahem - blush) are weeks tardy. She's done a LOT of the heavy lifting on the audio portion, with a whole load of new stories!

I have to mention this as well - I have had very little time lately and have rarely even logged on, but while crunching some numbers in a hotel this week, I logged on and played three audio stories since I don't have time to read. Valerie did a bang-up job on "Little Black Dress." I loved the "when you're done spanking me, do I get that little black dress" part! I felt like I was in the store watching.

Sugarmouse was in top form on Flopsy's Voodoo Child. I enjoyed that the female lead could shred her cheating ex's clothes and not get blamed - turns out she really COULD be two places at once.

And the collaboration by Janine and TEM on Janine's "Tough Choices" was amazing! I doubt they were in the same room, but it certainly sounded as though they were. I enjoy Janine's voice and enunciation and TEM's part was killer! It's as though she wrote that story and the male part with TEM (or at least his voice) in mind. I'm going to have to ask her about that...

Turns out my number crunching slowed down during that time. It turned into another late night.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
bit123, dalenixon, Dufus, Regina, sport625, steve77
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9