Is there a spanko in China?

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 6 Apr 2011 21:52
Seegee

Well, GKC tends to be one of those love-him-or-hate-him writers, I've found. I like quite a few of his books - TMWWT, The Napoleon of Notting Hill, The Flying Inn, The Father Brown stories - and his poems, but I know a good many people who can't stand him. Borges admired him a lot, but of course that doesn't prove anything.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 7 Apr 2011 05:13
PhilK:
Could be that all eight have been assigned by the Beijing government to watch each other....

I started thinking along those lines abut the time I hit 'post,' but figured that my original post made the basic point.

saetana
Female Member

England
#13 | Posted: 7 Apr 2011 11:35
Seegee
Depends which one you choose, we got a proper one from a sports shop and it turned out to be too padded, LOL, could hardly feel a thing, the cheap ones that come in home games sets are better

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 8 Apr 2011 01:40
saetana:
Seegee
Depends which one you choose, we got a proper one from a sports shop and it turned out to be too padded, LOL, could hardly feel a thing, the cheap ones that come in home games sets are better

I am lucky enough to have some ping pong paddles from a set that is decades old before they started using padding. They are solid wood with a SANDPAPER surface. Very effective.

By the way, you can usually take the padding off the padded types with a little work.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 8 Apr 2011 17:46
Wait, I'm confused.

Are people saying that the Chinese have developed an alternative use for ping-pong paddles, one that involves a "game" or "sport"?

billboard
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 8 Apr 2011 18:15
A "sport?" With those things? Heavens to betsy, what will they think of next?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 9 Apr 2011 00:11
billboard:
A "sport?" With those things? Heavens to betsy, what will they think of next?

Next thing you know, they'll be using riding crops for riding. and hairbrushes for brushing hair.

billboard
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 9 Apr 2011 03:59
Wait, not only a "game" built around ping pong paddles, but riding crops for riding horses? Hairbrushes for brushing hair? Unreal!

I am going to have to learn how to "think outside the box."

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 9 Apr 2011 15:01
billboard:
I am going to have to learn how to "think outside the box."

Or maybe thinking while bending over the box, which I'm sure is a position that many here often find themselves in.

billboard
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 9 Apr 2011 16:17
Yes, "the box" I'm trying to think outside of has straps to hold the naughty ones in place. And an advancement in thought probably involves using velcro to replace of the buckles.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 23
foxxtrott, novak, sidel, Sugarcane
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9