library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

The New "Latest Commented" page

Guy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 18:18
Februs has been quietly working his magic again. I notice that the "Latest Commented" page recently got a major overhaul. (Strangely, the change seems to have gone by without comment. At least, until now)

My first impression was that I missed the ability to see the logs of the last 25-30 comments. The new page reproduces the entire text of each comment, so only a few comment logs fit on the screen. Then you notice the advantage...

The advantage of the new format is that more people will now see your comment. Previously, your comment may only have been viewed by the author (and perhaps a few comment geeks like Guy) With this new format in mind, I now address my comments a bit more towards a prospective reader and a bit less towards the author.

One possible tweak: Quote only the first 150 characters of each comment but provide a little Facebook-style [More] link to view the entire comment. This would make more comment logs fit the screen.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 18:25
I prefer the new format to the old, but would agree with Guy's suggested 'tweak' - of course, I seem to be quick to agree to anything that means more work for Februs. Even without the 'tweak,' 15 comments ar displayed on the 'page'; it's just that it can be a long page.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 18:29
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think the tweak is a good idea from a functionality point of view though as you may find you have to click "More" a dozen times just to view all the comments on a single page which would be really tedious. Far easier simply to click Page 2 and get another 15 comments displayed in their entirety. Least that's my thinking on it.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 3
Alef, davidwright2525, drkeate, Filbert74, genieman, keitho54, mickrick, patxi
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9