LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What is all this white stuff!?

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 18:56
Having undertaken the hazardous journey to the nearest small town I find hardly anything is open! No bread on the shelves of the supermarket except for some pale insipid white slimmers bread, whilst I was debating whether to add this unappetising item to my trolley, it disappeared before my eyes! The whole supermarket looked as if it had been stripped by a plague of locusts. At least their is plenty of raw meat for the huskies but no oxford marmalade, as it is on special offer and the locusts have had it all! But much worse is still to come. When I approach the last but one aisle with the intention of purchasing a bottle or two of my favourite brand of dark rum I find the shelf is....................................EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! As Bob Dylan would say, Now is the time for your tears!!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 19:03
HA welcome to my world!! This was me 3 weeks ago at which point my car decided to help warm me up by setting fire to itself on my drive and dying!! So for the 2 weeks it took to sell half our worldly goods to get the money to buy another car, my hubby had to walk the few miles to out nearest village and then face theshelves emptied by those in their posh 2010 Range Rovers

Apart from that, I am very sympathetic to your plight and as such... here is a present from me...

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 19:07
'The White Stuff' - are we talking about the snow or the bread?!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 19:17
I thought he'd run out of coke ...

blimp
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 20:03
I don't drink bacardi Februs! One never adds coke to dark rum! Unless of course you mean the sort of coke your librarians snort at all those wild bohemian parties they attend when they should be working hard at the library. These things are in any case for the young at heart not for old buggers like me. Omlette and chips is as exciting as its going to get tonight I am afraid.

Yes, the white stuff is snow! Never seen before in such quantity here since the winter of 1963 I am reliably informed. Thanks for your generous donation PinkAngel, Warburtons is my favourite loaf. How did you guess?

As for your car problems PinkAngel, can I recommend a Volvo Estate. Mine is 12 years old and has been badly driven, usually in the wrong gear, nearly 200, 000 miles. They go on and on and on......... Rather like someone I know in fact, when she has a bee in her bonnet !

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 21:46
When I was young, we used to go without food for eight months during a moderate winter, surviving by eating curtains and chewing on frozen dog-turds. These youngsters do not know how lucky they are.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 21:49
barretthunter:
When I was young, we used to go without food for eight months during a moderate winter, surviving by eating curtains and chewing on frozen dog-turds. These youngsters do not know how lucky they are.

Luxury! We used to dream of frozen dog turds.... (with apologies to Monty P.)

blimp
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 18 Dec 2010 22:11
Februs:
Luxury! We used to dream of frozen dog turds

Nonsense!! You were lucky!! We would have thought we were millionaires with a frozen dog turd to share. There were fifteen of us sleeping under dad's overcoat and no one else in the street would talk to us because they thought we were too posh!! Beat that if you can!!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 19 Dec 2010 04:44
An overcoat? That's bloody posh! It must have been nice, sleeping under that overcoat. And only fifteen of you?

Cause there was 20 of us sleeping under a pair of knickers - and not a fresh pair at that! We daren't even dream of living under an overcoat because if we had we would have just had yet another dream smashed to ruins in front of us - much like Dad's teeth were.

And speaking of "white stuff" - we would have loved it if that white stuff had been snow!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 19 Dec 2010 10:10
blimp:
As for your car problems PinkAngel, can I recommend a Volvo Estate. Mine is 12 years old and has been badly driven, usually in the wrong gear, nearly 200, 000 miles. They go on and on and on......... Rather like someone I know in fact, when she has a bee in her bonnet !

Firstly and most importantly...

Secondly, you are right about the Volvo, my hubby has an old Volvo estate and it is great... except he left it at the top of the drive and there is was stranded for the 10 days it took to dig the length of the drive hehehe.

As for the Warburtons, well that is THE only bread really... Always happy to help

Ps it is snowing

As for the dog unmentionables, you vile lot.... ewwwwww

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 3
Alef, davidwright2525, drkeate, Filbert74, genieman, keitho54, mickrick, patxi
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9