LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Gibbering Wreck!

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 12:37
I agree with flopsybunny about overuse of those words. Its an unimaginative way of describing a spanking. A line or so of it is okay, but not the equivalent of an entire paragraph.
Much more interesting to read about the thoughts and reaction of the spankee as it continues.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 12:49
nibra:
Perhaps we could have a small competion. New words for spanking.

Or a "bad" story contest. But judging it would be worse than taking a whopping.

So how about the best spanking description in 50 words or less?

Guy

blimp
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 13:00
I can clearly hear Miss Thrashbottom administering a severe spankering! It goes Swish! Crack! Whack! Smack! Whop! Whap! Oooh! I must admit it has a certain onomatopoeiac quality. I think an audio tape might have commercial possibilities.

I must confess that I have put the odd whack and crack into a story. Never whole pages though! Not yet!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 13:02
Describing a spanking in some other fashion solves another problem. Everyone (including every reader) has a different idea on how hard and long a spanking would need to be before it became abusive and/or truly unbearable (and consequently, how short it would be to be of no consequence). There are clearly spankees who will take five hundred smacks, and others a fraction of that (with first-timers perhaps fewer still). If the writer writes "smack" for each time the hand/implement lands (and "SMACK" for each harder time), the reader - if he or she even bothers to wade through eighty bazillion "smacks" - is going to evaluate it on the number, and perhaps be abhorred by how many it is, or left unimpressed. On the other hand, if the author writes something like "the paddled rained down until she thought she couldn't bear another blow," each reader can gauge that to his or her own experience. With several such descriptive phrases through a spanking, where the spankee's feelings and reactions are also described, you end up with a much more interesting story.

No having said that, I think I'd better go back and count the "smacks" in my stories to make sure I haven't offended flopsy's sensibilities.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 16:48
Hmm... There is a well-known football chant most commonly directed at referees which I believe I heard correctly as:

Oh,
Spank spank spank spank spank spank spank
Spank spank spank
Spank spank spank

Of course, the black shirts and shorts and sometimes red and white armbands are evocative.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 17:06
BH last time I heard it it went:
The referee's a spanker, The referee's a spanker: or perhaps I might have misheard it, but it certainly rhymed with banker and spanker.
Never of course heard by Manure fans who always get a little bit of extra time or the dodgy decision.

Sorry for changing the subject Flopsy, I'll report to the study after the dentists tomorrow morning!

BTW I absolutely agree with your original rant.

blimp
Male Author

England
#17 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 19:15
Sir Alex has his own special watch which he is willing to lend to the referee when the referee is wondering about how much injury time to add on. Mind you Mr Wenger has his rose tinted glasses with which he views all games involving Arsenal and special crush proof water containers which come in handy when your side throws away a two goal lead. Certainly is a beautiful game though!

Raptor
Male Author

Canada
#18 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 19:21
This has been one of my pet peeves for a long time. Writing the word SPANK SPANK SPANK is simply white noise. A filler like white rice in cabbage rolls.

Sometimes the odd WHACK, SMACK, OWWWW, is approrpriate, as blimp has pointed out, but now whole pages of it. Puts this old dinosaur to sleep.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 19:26
Jimisim and blimp to report to Miss Thrashbottom's office immediately ...

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#20 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 19:30
I would just like to say... football sucks and is for men not big enough or brave enough to play rugby

Februs
Can't believe you are admitting that in public

Page  Page 2 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 6
bookkeeper, Hilip, sammyb2
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9