LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

English

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 23 Oct 2010 21:08
I know there's been a lot of discussion about the importance or otherwise of correct English. Try this from Yahoo News recently:

Generally viewed as being in a chronic state of disrepair, Mr Wilson had apparently expressed concern about the Czech-built Let-410 before the crash.

OK it's clear they didn't really mean the unfortunate Mr Wilson was in a state of disrepair - but if they'd been quoting some National Accident Research Centre or one of those addresses that stands for an institution, such as the White House?

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 23 Oct 2010 22:14
LOL - great example, if I may say so, of sheer laziness by the writer, who clearly didn't bother to read through his/her text (unless, more worryingly, they just didn't notice?). Is re-drafting a forgotten skill on the fibre-optic internet super-highway? Mr Wilson should sue for libel!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 24 Oct 2010 01:01
barretthunter:
I know there's been a lot of discussion about the importance or otherwise of correct English. Try this from Yahoo News recently:

Generally viewed as being in a chronic state of disrepair, Mr Wilson had apparently expressed concern about the Czech-built Let-410 before the crash.

OK it's clear they didn't really mean the unfortunate Mr Wilson was in a state of disrepair -

Well, perhaps--but I've known some people who (psychologically and/or physiologically) do rather fit that description... --C.K.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 24 Oct 2010 04:06
English is the best language in the world - because it has *so many* juicy words for the rear end (e.g. bottom, buttocks, booty, derriere, backside, seat of learning, nates, bum - gee I know so many of them, I am a real philologist - if that is the right word) - unless, of course, there is some other language which has still more good words for the most beautiful part of the human anatomy (and there may well be, because the only languages I speak are English and Swedish).

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 24 Oct 2010 21:20
I cannot help being amused that one of the common German words for this entity is "Po", which in English is a child's word for a container a child places its bottom on.

Erwin
Male Member

Germany
#6 | Posted: 25 Oct 2010 11:46
barretthunter:
I cannot help being amused that one of the common German words for this entity is "Po", which in English is a child's word for a container a child places its bottom on.

Oh no, that word isn't Po it's Popo . But like people who rape English by writing ur instead of your, people us Po instead of Popo. But both is children language which sounds much lovelier than that crude "Hintern" in the normal language. I like most "gluteus maximus, the most beautiful muscle of a woman" (I don't talk admiringly about men's backsides )

ordalie
Female Member

France
#7 | Posted: 25 Oct 2010 15:22
Popo, same in French
Now don't ask me to spell it (popo or popot or potpot?), you just say it but you never have the opportunity to write it.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 25 Oct 2010 21:03
I thought Gluteus Maximus was a Roman general until I discovered spanking...

Erwin
Male Member

Germany
#9 | Posted: 26 Oct 2010 16:59
barretthunter
I thought Gluteus Maximus was a Roman general until I discovered spanking..

and Podex was his adjutant

Popo is children language, Podex mothers language

child " oh, my Popo hurts" mother: "you'll get some more on your Podex, if you don't behave now."

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 26 Oct 2010 19:49
Fascinating! Now as -po is sometimes used in German as a familiar abbreviation for Polizei or Polizinst(in), as in Vopo, Gestapo, might a Popo be a Polizistin with a nice Po?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 10
Alef, danjackson84, Eris39, FiddlersGreen, Gulliver, Hotscot, kenjperr, Nelon, Shadowdancer, sidelines
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9