LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Crazy or what?

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
MarkCane
Male Member

England
#1 | Posted: 4 Oct 2010 19:45
I have posted a few stories to Bottom Lines and currently have two stories on this site, including one 'The Agnes McKenzie Academy' which was my entry to the recent competion. The feedback was encouraging, so I thought it would be nice to find a larger audience for my writings. I submitted a few stories to Literotica only to have the above mentioned story rejected. I couldn't believe it. Apparently because the story involved adults (youngest 22) who are attending a school for adults who want to recapture boarding school life, it somehow counts as underage activity.

Is this daft, or is it me? It has put me off Literotica. Three cheers for Bottom Lines and Spankinglibrary.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 4 Oct 2010 20:31
Some people apply rules in a very strange way. I was told off on a photo website for using the word "arse" when "asses" were all over the comments. Cultural imperialism or just a lack of intelligence?

rollin
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 4 Oct 2010 20:57
Mark said: I thought it would be nice to find a larger audience for my writings.

My sense is that right now this is the largest and most vigorous audience on the internet. Most other boards just don't have either the readership or the participation that the Library has. I have not, to be fair, performed an exhaustive search.

MarkCane
Male Member

England
#4 | Posted: 4 Oct 2010 21:37
rollin
I guess you are right. I suppose I heard of literotica a while ago, but only recently heard of this site. Another daft thing is that compared to many of the postings on literotica, my submission was very mild. It seems to me to be a silly, pedantic defination that their tribe of volunteer editors stick to without thought.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 4 Oct 2010 22:19
Just to add a little to my previous thought, yes I've seen Literotica, but not been there recently.
Here is what I know:

Our Castle--a small but enthusiastic group of (I think) mostly female readers. They seem to like M/F romantic and fantasy.

Spanking Classics--response here is slow and I don't think there are many readers but the ones who are there are very supportive and write thoughtful commentary. Not sure if they go for F/M over there.

Spanko.net---don't bother

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 4 Oct 2010 23:06
In theory spanko.net is going to relaunch soon with new software...

Then again, the planned relaunch was scheduled for the beginning of September. That's when the board went to moderated and that's more or less killed most of the conversations. The last couple of stories I posted there had only 3 - 4 replies.

Personally I'm hoping that the board will experience a rebirth once the new software gets online. Until then it has a huge archive of stories.

Goodgulf

blimp
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 5 Oct 2010 00:00
MMSA - Are not just M/m. You can post F/m stories. They are not keen on M/f though but they have a huge readership and you will end up getting lots of red and yellow stars! It is a very well run site and I enjoy posting there. The Yahoo group Spankfiction - is an excellent place to post too, always get lots of intelligent feedback. Grace, Haley, Crimson Kid and lots of other good writers regularly contribute.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 5 Oct 2010 00:47
MarkCane

I'm afraid there's sometimes a lack of common sense applied to these things and people make rules without ever thinking about whether the rule has any real merit or not but they nevertheless stick slavishly to it. Worse still are the sites dominated by the politically correct fascist brigade as I call them. Both flopsy and myself have had conflict with such people in the past. They're the kind who glibly accuse people of being pedophiles if you write a story with anyone underage in it and then threaten to report you to the "authorities" should you write anything they personally happen to take offence at. I could understand it if they were narrow-minded vanillas of some description but supposedly they are spankos like the rest of us. Bizarre and disturbing.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 5 Oct 2010 02:54
A control freak is a control freak, even if he also happens to be a spanko.

I have seen people joining groups then driving away authors that they do not like. Some of them will even say things like "I know that it is technically against the groups rules, but do we really want to allow..." as they try to rally support. Even when they can't get support they will make rude post after rude post in an effort to force people out of the group.

Now I'm not saying that control freaks shouldn't be spankos, but that they should learn that they cannot control the internet.

Goodgulf

MarkCane
Male Member

England
#10 | Posted: 5 Oct 2010 09:23
Thank all of the above for the thoughtful and supportive comments. It has restored my confidence and made be feel a lot better about it. I enjoy writing the stories and the treatment by literotica was a bit off-putting.

Thank you all

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 14
Briedel, dougmorton, Heroth, JohnStevens, Koalabaellchen, Kooboostroke, mrswitcheroo, SpankFreak94, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9