LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Sexual states and writing

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 10 Nov 2023 14:11
I have a question/topic for authors that I don't think (though I may be wrong) has ever been discussed before: what is your preferred sexual state for writing?

I am quite accustomed to being the oddball in most discussions. My RL lifestyle is atypical and when it comes to spanking stories and sexual gratification, I also believe that I'm also atypical. But even though I might be on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to the correlation between spanking stories and actual physical sexual satisfaction, I'd be the first to admit that even if minimized, spanking stories tend to have an erotic or titillating component. The degree is a matter of taste or preference.

But what about writing? My personal view is that my ideas definitely intensify and flow faster when .......well, when 'horny'. However, I also know that writing while horny can also produce a mountain of self-indulgent crap. So I tend to like to balance the two. For me this means using a certain degree of sexual longing to get a good idea and explore it in a story, BUT once the outpouring has produced something, I like to do at least several (not all) rewrites while NOT horny.

Now, again for me this is a bit trickier than it would be for most others. My lifestyle is such that I can't just relieve myself whenever I want. So my balance is dependent on the will of another, and I have to work around that. It definitely affects my output as a writer.

So now, having explained my perspective, by all means please, jump in and tell us about yours! What is your preferred mental/sexual state when writing? Does it change for different types of stories or like me, for rewrites? Don't be shy.

thepreacherswife
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 10 Nov 2023 17:47
I find I can really power through writing a story when aroused. It's almost like downing a Red Bull. I do try to go back and do a brief re-read after I've settled back down but I rarely wind up making any major changes. But that's also indicative of my writing process anyway, I suppose. Not exactly "one and done", but fairly close.

transmanspankee
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 10 Nov 2023 19:40
It's funny, I rarely experience arousal when writing (nor indeed while reading, though it's more likely when reading than writing). It's simply not a factor for me 99.9% of the time. That said, I think I may be somewhat of an outlier here from discussions with friends, and I'm not a particularly sexual person anyway so arousal is largely irrelevant to me.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 10 Nov 2023 23:01
For me, it's a mental state I have to be in, I have to be mentally wanting to write. I'll go for weeks at a time and hardly write a thing, then suddenly finish up a few stores in two days, and maybe write a couple more complete stories over the next few days. Physical arousal doesn't really enter into it

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#5 | Posted: 11 Nov 2023 12:14
As I'm almost seventy and a very slow writer, the idea of maintaining any kind of sexual arousal during the whole process seems quite optimistic. It may still play a role when the story is conceived or planned, though.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 11 Nov 2023 12:22
Interesting responses so far but just for clarity, I'd like to say that physical arousal to me has a different meaning or connotation than just being 'horny'. I can't imagine being erect for writing an entire piece! Where would I put my laptop!? Actually given my issues I can't imagine being erect period. I guess I'm talking more about how a person can feel sexy before sexual release and after be in a more distant and dispassionate frame of mind.

sbw1900
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 11 Nov 2023 14:22
I feel that I do write better and more efficiently when mentally or physically aroused, as most, if nearly all, of my stories involve sex and spanking before and after. And I write about what turns me on with hopeful expectation that it will do the same to the reader.

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 12 Nov 2023 11:40
Very interesting question. In part, does feeling horny encourage one to write sexy stories, in part does writing the stories make one horny? (I agree that you don't have to be erect to feel horny. I am rarely erect when actually spanking even though very aroused).

As regards the first part, I am sure that feeling horny (in my case thinking a lot about spankings) does inspire me to write as I try to crystallise those thoughts in my writing. I am, for example, often inspired if I have enjoyed a good spanking session.

As regards the second part, writing definitely makes me horny. In fact, I sometimes think that writing a description of a good spanking is almost better than delivering an actual spanking.

There are a number of reasons for that: my fictional spankings can perfectly encapsulate my fantasies (not always, I also explore scenaria that wouldn't be to my taste IRL), the spankee is exactly the girl/young woman that I would like to spank and behaves exactly as she should do, if I get something wrong I can correct it, if I forget something I can insert it, it can take days for me to deliver (write) a fictional spanking that would take 15 mins IRL, and I get to see views of her that would not be visible to me if she was, for example, otk. I could go on....

For those reasons I tend to prefer writing/reading my own stories rather than others', although I do find reading others' stories (the ones that appeal to me) very erotic.

The subject of correcting/editing also came up. I read my work over and over again and correct/edit anything that isn't quite right. That can start well before the whole piece is finished. Sometimes I can read a passage multiple times before noticing something that is wrong, awkward or that could be put better.

Geoffrey Stirling.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 12 Nov 2023 18:40
Although I don't write much worth posting, the stories do provoke mental and physical reactions.
I shared a number with my late wife along with several blogs and pictures. I think some of them inspired her.

spinther
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 15 Nov 2023 22:30
This is a wonderful topic. I haven't been to the Library for some time, but this is a subject that has bedevilled me, so I'll venture a comment.

Writing a story for me can involve a state of sustained "low-level" arousal that can, if I let it, last for days as I return to the story and rewrite scenes to come closer through setting (season. time period etc), the appearance and actions of characters, characters' feelings and sensations to whatever that tantalizing feeling inside me is.

It's really all about chasing that deliciously tantalizing feeling/sensation. When I used to write non-spanking fiction I didn't have that persistence in terms of attention and fascination to help me overcome every obstacle, constantly refine scenes, bring characters into sharper focus. Of course, sometimes that obsessiveness leads to a loss of the original freshness of the story I first put down as it changes and changes....

So for me the process of writing a spanking story is a little bit obsessive.... Maybe this is one reason my stories or fantasies often build slowly toward severe spankings, the spanking of a lifetime, to use the cliche; the mounting dread is part of the desire. I've found that arousal can, as was said, lead to some overwriting, but it also focuses the attention and allows a scene to sharpen over time. It may also be that certain periods of more intense arousal do occur during the writing.

Because of this obsessive aspect, I don't let myself write stories very often, and have often thought that it would be instructive to take a lighter (less aroused?) approach to the whole matter of subject and process. A more playful, cerebral one. But maybe spanking for me is too tied up with psychology to allow that to happen.

I also think that many people who have had more opportunity to spank or be spanked in real adult life may be able to take that less intense approach I speak of. The whole intensity of the fantasy world probably gets diluted by a very different actuality. Or so I've heard.

In the meantime I am not writing longer stories, though I'd love to. When the urge rises up, I write little vignettes or blurbs for a Tumblr blog (called Gathering Dusk), after having deleted the previous four or five such blogs over the years as that process too became time-consuming. In any case, thanks for bringing up this topic!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 13
blistered49, GemofaPup, Glenlivet, spanki1962
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9