The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Comment thread spin-off

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
Gourmet
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 7 Nov 2023 23:37
1) Writing is art. My own method for interpreting art of any form is to ask myself: how does this make me feel, what do I think about when reading/viewing, and what place does this take me to. The latter is my preferred form of critique. Sometimes the feedback is a continuation of the story, or alternatives. The feedback may also include where the story was missing some important detail or did not answer some important question(s) in the story. I feel this is the most helpful form of feedback.

2) Rarely I will say something about the conveyance of the story, taking a “it’s not you it’s me” approach. Something like, “I got lost in this part of the story. Re-reading I was able to deduce the author's intent.”

3) I used to write stories a long time ago, during the A.S.S. and S.S.S. days. I have been trying to gear up to write stories for this group.

4) I do love puzzles: kdpierre: I would love to know the name of the story you wrote that had 300 reads and only one comment. I would like to see if I can figure out why only one comment.

5) It’s a sad state of affairs that much of society is prone to being performatively offended. I say performatively because it is not rational to define one’s own feelings as a rational truth (pseudo-truth), and then project/inflict that pseudo-truth on others. My canned response would be “the comment section is not the best place for being a brat in order to bring top attention to yourself.”

Thanks everyone for this thread.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 8 Nov 2023 03:04
Gourmet:
I do love puzzles: kdpierre: I would love to know the name of the story you wrote that had 300 reads and only one comment. I would like to see if I can figure out why only one comment.

It's called "Latent Authority" and currently has 304 views, 2 comments, and has been favorited once. In some ways the story is typical of my style and in others, atypical. It was written as a gift for a friend that I ended up not giving it to, and instead, rather than just shelve or delete it, sent it here. I will be the first to admit it is not a favorite of mine, nor do I consider it up to the standard I try to maintain, but that said, I also do not think it significantly worse than stories that have received far more comments. So by all means, Gourmet, have at it!

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 14
ddracoon, Derrick30, dund93, Shadowdancer, whoseturn
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9