LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Pawn Stars paddle with Gunshot Sound Effects

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 27 Sep 2023 21:11
I saw a episode of Pawn Stars in which a customer brought in a paddle to sell. It was about 20 inches long, made of metal, and looked something like a shovel with a lid attached by hinges. (probably) It was supposed to be from the 1930s, or possibly a bit earlier. it had a place where a .32 blank could be secured. When the person being spanked was given a lick, the lid would strike the blank, causing the gunpowder to explode. If the person being spanked wasn't expecting this, it could be very frightening. According to pawn shop owner Rick Harrison, this was originally sold to fraternal organizations to innate new members. The seller wanted $200.00 for it, but settled for $75.00.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 28 Sep 2023 23:15
Considering that we've just had a discussion of a 'safety paddle' from some TV antique show, and now this, are there any more weird and wonderful spanking implements that our members have come across?

I remember seeing an advert for a thing called a 'brat-spanker'. It had a springy handle, maybe two or three feet long, ending in an oval leather paddle-blade, to which was attached by a short, (maybe two inch), broad leather strip, a second similar paddle blade, the whole thing having something of the shape of a carpet-beater. The idea was, that when it was swung in horizontally, the oval attached to the handle would smack the brat's nearer bottom-cheek, while the other oval (which was weighted) would smack the farther buttock a fraction of a second later, giving the effect of being spanked by two paddles at once!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 12 Oct 2023 05:31
That "fire a blank to paddle" device was patented. Let me do some searching...

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/DeMoulin_Bros_Prank_Paddle.htm

The idea was almost all fraternal organizations paddle new members as part of an initiation process, and this was a novel way of doing it.

Edited to add:
https://www.patentearth.com/blog/post/funny-patents-part-1-the-combined-lifting-spank ing-machine.html

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 12 Oct 2023 15:06
I believe the picture of the second spanking machine is available as a poster from Etsy!

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 5
aragorn, davenhall, jdspanked, ldbill, mobblers, Pembridge06, spankmarcel
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9