library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

How relevant is the size of essays at English language schools ?

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 26 Apr 2023 04:28
Moody:
You need to be cautious with master, people in German might start to think about 50 shades ;) its one of the degrees unknown in Germany during the last millennial. The same as the German degree engineer. I got an uncle with the 7 semester engineer degree that wasn't accepted in the Anglo-American world since an engineer cares about steam engines. At least they didn't mistook him for a stoker when he was responsible for building an airport in a Muslim country.

This was a common Master of Business Administration in Marketing. No one is going to mistake me for any nationality other than a simple Scotch-Irish male of advancing age, as I grew up in the state of Texas in the US. The only language I speak is American English, and some would say I don't even handle that very well.

Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 26 Apr 2023 08:48
@ Hotspur

Hotspur:
What if America had adopted German as the commonly spoken language?

The problem is that most Germans have no pride in their language. As I mentioned before, German is the most common native language in Europe. Considering all the words that got integrated we might be surprised.

Hotspur:
Aufzug

What are a few more synonyms ;)
Not to mention the Paternoster that was the center of many jokes on TV ;) The tax bureau for the south-west of where I live had one and I remember the panic when my father took me over the top when I was less than 10 years old even 50 years later I remember...

Hotspur:
Wasserhahn

Translating that word might be considered not decend for the young. Hahn is a male chicken ;) Actually the name Hahn is not uncommon.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 13 : Guests - 9
cady09, chris37, christopherotk50, Dejo, dph1theelder, dund93, Eris39, irishotk, jerry333, mark19601962, myrkassi, rindom, spankingdude
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9