library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Does anyone know of sources sbout the Victorian Times ?

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 21 Aug 2023 01:49
Women's dresses like that are the reason the lady's-maid had to be 'in the know' about her mistress's romantic affairs in Restoration Comedies - it was sometimes literally impossible for a woman of fashion to undress and dress herself without the help of at least one maid!

jonmontanavega
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 21 Aug 2023 02:31
Moody, you might enjoy and learn from Mrs. Chrisman's book. She learned very quickly how to fasten and unfasten her authentic corset by herself. That is, most common women back then wore corsets and got them on and off without help. Unless a spouse was being loving. Over time, Mrs. Chrisman's waist dropped from a natural 32 inches to 24 inches. She rode a bike 6 miles each way to a program she was taking while wearing the corset. No impingement for her legs, but certainly a more upright riding posture than bikers normally adopt.
Yes, there were layers of clothing to remove, but that only prolongs the encounter. To whose pleasure?

Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 21 Aug 2023 12:17
@ jonmontanavega
I admit I don't know exact numbers, but when talking about corsets I remember an TV report about he imperial army and that most officers wore corsets. Keeping in perfect shape demanded commitment while a corset would allow them to hide a lesser commitment.
Thus the lazy bums would take the easy way out.

Smachtai
Male Member

Ireland
#24 | Posted: 22 Aug 2023 09:31
Is there a reason you want to set it in England rather than Germany? It could still be in the early 1800', if you want an historical feel to it.
A film worth watching, is 'das Geldener Ufer' for a punishment in the Hannovarian kingdom just as it separated from the UK

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 22 Aug 2023 12:12
I've heard of an order of monks who wore corsets - they regarded them as a more efficient means of 'mortification of the flesh' than the traditional hair-shirts!

Pembridge06
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 22 Aug 2023 15:11
The British Newspaper Archive: https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/ is an excellent research source if you’re looking to add a touch of authenticity to your stories. It’s a subscription service (mainly), but it’s well worth the outlay, and in it you’ll find a vast quantity of material ranging from the mundane to the scandalous, all using the contemporaneous language of the time.

Personally, I like the ‘tasteful’ adverts for corsets and some of the more ephemeral items that have long since ceased to have any place in our society (more’s the pity). You can easily lose a few hours browsing articles. I use it mainly for my 1930s based tales, but it spans from the 1700s up to recent times.

Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 23 Aug 2023 19:58
@ Smachtai
Well you might prefer Germany because it's kind of exotic for you and that might be my reason too.

In 1981 we did a study tour to England with our school. Corporal punishment was banned from schools in 1970 and in 1980 it was announced that it will be banned everywhere in Germany. I remember that we made fun of parents trying to discuss missbehavior with a 5 year old, we were sure that at an age of 16 years we knew everything. Now I read courtesy to google that the law went into effect only in 2000. After an not exactly uneventful train ride where nearly all smokers got lost since they went to a smoker compartment without telling anyone ehrn we had to switch trains and a embarassing behavior on the Calais-Dover ferry filling out the customs forms our teachers asked us the next day if we want to visit an English school. People do sight seeing the strangest things.

When I koined the LSF I got second thoughts since I don't know a single smoker who can stay dry for a single hour. Nowadays I think of our No as a lost opportunity since English schools are slightky different from German schools.

Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 26 Aug 2023 06:44
@ Pembridge06

When I looked at your link to the British Newspaper Archive and entered Victorian times, the first result was: Pupils in Mearns caught in Victorian time warp. Honestly I didn't read it yet. But a Time Warp so far looked far too odd-worldly for a story but might actually be a good way to allow a nowadays citizen to sample CP and it's (non)effectiveness.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 4
blkct, BrownBottom, insonia, otkallen, tyrport, wiz
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9