USA
#31 | Posted: 12 Mar 2023 20:12
@ CrimsonKidCK : That's a good summary.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#32 | Posted: 12 Mar 2023 20:55
astrosmurf:
Commenters, do you stick to commenting about the artistic aspects of the story you appreciated, or do you ever say that you enjoyed the story in a sexual way?

It varies. Sometimes I comment mainly on literary aspects and at other times I concentrate more on the what the characters do and say (as if they were real people, which may be dumb, but also half the fun). I may say that a story is "hot" or "sexy" if it is obviously meant to be, but I don't go into details on how it affected me.

Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 15 Mar 2023 09:40
Some time ago I wrote a serial on a different site. The rare comments made me continue the story.
If the comment was positive or negative didn't really matter, but it meant that someone was interested.

I admit, a positive comment was more encouraging than a negative comment.

In January I started to comment all stories I read so far and are now at less than two stories per comment.

This 2 month selfdiscovery tour let me to think on how fast we read. One hour contains 3.600 seconds. Considering I am not a native speaker I assumed one word per second for reading and translating would be OK.
google later told me native speaker read 200-250 words per minute, 300 words or more is speed reading, and students read up to 200 words of what they need to remember.

You may ask why I am interested in reading speed?
A traditional book printed on paper you can lie it on the floor with its spine down and read it from your bed lying on your stomach. (Not because you got a red bottom) Its simply the most comfortable position in my mind.
The reading app of the library unluckily has no bookmarks. Reading an enticing story on a basic stool for more than a hour calls for regular breaks and finding the point where you took the break is hard work. Februs please think of something.

Thus I concluded that stories of up 3600 words are OK to read in one go 30-60 minutes. You as native English readers will probably be happy with up to 5000 words.

astrosmurf
Male Member

Denmark
#34 | Posted: 17 Mar 2023 03:27
I have been locked out of the forum since Sunday for some reason, so I haven't been able to respond until now.

Thanks for your feedback to my last question!

Based on the replies (and the lack of replies by many, which also speaks volumes), I think we are very close to having solved the mystery of the low number of story comments:

The people who comment (and participate in the forum) are the minority of active authors and others who appreciate spanking stories mainly for their artistic merit and comment along those lines.

And the large majority of non-commenters (myself included) are people who read the stories to get a sexual thrill and are too embarrassed to say so in public.

Elementary, dear Watson! You telephone Lestrade while I tell mrs. Hudson to bring supper!

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
CarolinaPaddler, Chuck36, Derrick30, Ormansanches, TNMomma5
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9