The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Using ChatGPT to write spanking stories

Page  Page 1 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Robertz
Male Member

France
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 6 Jan 2023 15:51
Has anyone else been using ChatGPT to write spanking stories? I have and let me tell you, I'm extremely impressed by the results. For those who don't know about ChatGPT, it's a trained a model which interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer follow-up questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises etc. It's trained to follow an instruction in a prompt and provide a detailed response.

Basically, it's an AI and one of the many things you can do with it, is have ChatGPT write stories for you. So, for example, you could take any synopsis in the library, and have ChatGPT come up with a story of its own. The bare result won't be super impressive (though it's already very good), but where it gets interesting is that you can easily tinker and improve the answers you receive by altering the prompt, asking for more details, asking for a dialogue, asking for a long description etc.

To give you an idea of how far you can go (at minimum I mean), I'm currently writing a spanking story using ChatGPT and I'm at 20 000 words in with minimal modification of ChatGPT output. I do have to write prompts several times to get satisfying results, but it's still at minimum five times faster than if I were to write the story on my own. Now don't get me wrong, we're not talking published author quality of writing from ChatGPT, but it's certainly at least as good as something a mediocre writer like myself would have come up with on its own, all that in a way faster and efficient way.

So for me it’s pretty much the perfect tool to write stories, especially as I imagine the AI will only improve from now on. Currently there is one downside though which is that a lot of requests are deemed inappropriate so if you write too much about spanking (or any other sensitive topics such as sex, violence, racism etc.) you can get your account banned as everything is online. Anyway, if you enjoy writing spanking stories (or other type of writing), I recommend giving it a try, you might find it very fun like I currently do.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 6 Jan 2023 17:53
As an author, I don't (and wouldn't) embrace this myself. I'm all about embracing the craft of writing - specifically MY craft - to produce a story, rather than having some tool do the heavy lifting. To each his own, I guess.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 7 Jan 2023 14:15
It certainly sounds interesting thoough. If nothing else, maybe it's a new way to find inspiration and possible plot paths to expand and renew old stories into new material.

Robertz
Male Member

France
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 7 Jan 2023 15:27
For me, it's all about the time gain. Sure, I enjoy coming up with everything myself as well, but not to the point where I'd pass up writing five times faster for an end result that is at least as good to me. But again, I’m a fairly mediocre and most definitely slow writer. I can easily see how a talented writer wouldn’t want to use that kind of tool in any way as it would only downgrade the quality of their writing. The AI should only improve though, and considering how good this iteration already is, I think it's very promising, but of course, only time will tell.

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 7 Jan 2023 22:45
The writer experience to me has in the past and remains a voyage into an exciting world of plots and consequences in the world of the spanker and spankee relationship. Most of the time there is an outline or at minimum a synopsis and character description including traits. The authors as well as the commentors here have set the bar high for all in the library.

While I would never use an AI program, I have considered using my home roulette wheel with a directory of possible choices denoted by the numbers. This would be a random selection for who got spanked, by what implement and what stage of dress they take their physical punishment in the story.

Author: Cherry Red

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 7 Jan 2023 23:23
I'm with Rick Marlowe (njrick) on this. In fact, the idea horrifies me. It's homogenisation gone crazy.

And what's the point? There aren't enough spanking stories already? Thirty-one thousand, four hundred and thirty here alone, each one reflecting its author's unique, individual take on this subject we love and now there'll be robots churning out millions more words till it's all thrashed to death? Please, spare us!

However... if you could get an AI to generate comments on other stories, then...

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 8 Jan 2023 01:19
Somewhere among my books I have a story called 'The Silver Eggheads' by Fritz Lieber (if I remember correctly) set in a future where books are created by the 'writer' choosing the first word of the book, and a computer filling in the rest. It seems that fact is catching up fast with science fiction!

I don't think I'll be using this program any time soon - I enjoy writing, and why should I let a computer algorithm do it instead, and deprive me of my enjoyment?

What it would be useful for is generating stories that I want to read, but can't be bothered to write; sometimes I get an idea for a situation or setting, or even plot, that I'd love to see fleshed out into a story or book, but that I don't want to write because it would require too much work, or because by the time I'd got it written out it would have lost all its freshness and novelty, and so I wouldn't enjoy reading it!

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 8 Jan 2023 01:26
myrkassi:
What it would be useful for is generating stories that I want to read, but can't be bothered to write

Precisely my idea. I have some 340 stories listed here (as Gloup), but sadly also another 800 unfinished ones with only the plot outline over some one to five pages each, which over the years I just haven't had the time to write. It saddens me, but not being native English speaking, writing is very time-consuming for me, so I fear that the main bulk of these stories will never be finished. This program might help and even give me some surprises which I might enjoy reading myself.

Robertz
Male Member

France
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 8 Jan 2023 10:05
Similarly to what Cherry Red said, what I enjoy when writing spanking stories is coming up with exciting plots where interesting characters give or get spankings. What I don't really enjoy on the other hand is all the tedious (for me) work that come with writing: making sure the grammar is correct, characters and feelings descriptions, hell even the spanking part is often pretty boring for me to write sometimes.

For me, an AI such as ChatGPT takes care of all the parts I don't enjoy much and let me focus on what I love: story progression. And to clear any possible misconception about story progression, as of right now it's still very much the author who's in charge. As I've mentioned, you usually have to write and alter several prompts, ask for a dialogue, ask for a long description and so on to get satisfying results.

As it has been said, for authors who would like to finish uncompleted stories or for people who would want to read a story with a particular plot, but can't be bothered to write it themselves, this kind of AI seems very promising to me.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#10 | Posted: 8 Jan 2023 11:46
This is much better than I had expected, although I suspect it's not a first attempt, but has been helped along by a number of responses and suggestions. I have experimented with Chatgpt for some other purposes, and after a few attempts, it gets quite boring. If, e.g., you ask it to review books, you might be quite impressed by the first attempts, but then you realize that the same phrases and formulations turn up over and over again. What is real fun, is to try to get it to lie for you. If you ask it for something a little bit peripheral, it will start making things up. I have got it to totally rewrite Norwegian literary history. Here is an example:

Olav Duun was a Norwegian author who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1957. He was recognized for his "vivid epic power which has renewed the great narrative art of Norway." Duun was the first Norwegian to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature since the prize was first established in 1901.

Duun was a prolific writer who published over 50 works during his lifetime, including novels, short stories, plays, and poems. His works are known for their depiction of life in the northern regions of Norway, and for their portrayal of strong, independent characters struggling to find their place in the world.

In addition to the Nobel Prize, Duun received numerous other awards and honors for his literary achievements, including the Riksmål Society Literature Prize and the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters' Gyldendal Prize.

You may want to check it against Duun's Wikipedia entry.

Page  Page 1 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 10
Alef, hundjager, mrswitcheroo, Sfar, simar1, StefK, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9