Challenges/Writing prompts/ideas

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 11 Jan 2022 18:55
TessaAlbedo:
Now I'm thinking of a mostly first person story told from the point of view of a cat.
Goodgulf

Ah, I'm writing from the point of view of a cat that doesn't really care about the humans who live in his apartment. They exist to open food cans, change his litter box, and to pet him - but only a certain amount of petting!

I've just gotten to the start of the spanking, and when it's suggested that a different form of discipline could be used the cat laughs inside - knowing that the subject has never, ever been disciplined. Why no one has pointed the spray bottle at the subject, must less spray water in the subject's face!

Meanwhile, a joke version of a cuckoo clock is about to go off - sometime today - and the cat is waiting for the "prey" to emerge from the box so he catch it. Or at least figure out how to jump high enough to get it.

TessaAlbedo
Female Member

India
#12 | Posted: 25 Feb 2022 16:12
Just uploaded my story titled "A cat's tale" as a part of this challenge!

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 25 Feb 2022 16:24
Have to say, I'm rather pessimistic about the March deadline, unless it is the deadline for submissions rather than publications.

It is my understanding that because LSF is so popular with authors, those validating and Februs uploading have far more to do than they can promptly handle.

I, for example, am still waiting for stories submitted in October last year to appear on the site and one that was originally submitted in Oct' 20.

I think this needs buy-in from Februs and Flopsy.

Geoffrey Stirling.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 25 Feb 2022 20:40
I'm ready to upload as well, but if people didn't start writing when it was suggested...

Let's say April 1st? That should work. And if things didn't work out - well we tried.

DianaMiller
Female Author

Netherlands
#15 | Posted: 25 Feb 2022 21:40
Tessa Albedo made it in time. Goodgulf might make it depending on when the next stories will be uploaded, and I probably won't make it because I'm only halfway done

And because I like to be original, I also chose the point of view of a cat.

I guess it's a good idea to extend to April 1.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 27 Feb 2022 02:10
Mine was just sent in. A three part story about the return of spankings for a teenage girl. The true impact of the spankings? Doors get closed. Yes, doors are closed and he needs a human to open them for him. Worse, the best napping spot is in the girl's room. Call it M/f.

Sometime after the first story sets the scene, there is an Invader. One that might need to die. Or not. It's a very dumb invader. Call it F/m.

Lastly, something ghastly happens. Someone brings a, well, um, dare I say it? I dare! Someone brings a puppy over. Puppies are so close to kittens that the cat can't hate it. Yes, most of that story is the cat interacting with the nameless puppy, but there happens to be two girls get spanked in different rooms, which is something major. Yes, you guessed it - a door is closed. Closed and need to be opened. Call it M/f and F/f.

Patron
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 1 Mar 2022 00:56
I've commented on challenges, but never participated on one. I'm not trying to bring up an old argument, but as a reader, I really miss them. Got the participation up and I got to see a lot of people write stories that they might not have otherwise. I never much cared who one, it was just good to have that much content come around.

It's a shame that the negativity won that battle.

TessaAlbedo
Female Member

India
#18 | Posted: 1 Mar 2022 11:04
I just saw this as less of a challenge and more of a writing prompt/way to come up with stories and how different people would interpret the central premise. You can just submit the stories and post the results here when it's uploaded without any prize on the line. For me it got me to look into how to write from a first person which I haven't tried before so it was fun to do.

DianaMiller
Female Author

Netherlands
#19 | Posted: 1 Mar 2022 12:00
Writing prompts can be so valuable! Most of the stories I've written are the result of writing challenges/prompts on the BottomLines forum. Without them I probably wouldn't have made it here at all.

By the way, Tessa is listed as 'member' here rather than 'author'. How strange

CharlesG
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 12 Mar 2022 07:09
I have been noodling about on a story from a dog's perspective. But I have missed the deadline, it seems. Maybe, I can get it right to submit after the deadline.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
blkspnkr, DAdams, Eris39, Heroth, novak, RobinS
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9