LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Science and Spanking

uksteve
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 30 Aug 2021 20:32
I have just read a thought provoking story by KatiePie about generational differences in discipline techniques - modern versus past - and in my comment I made general reference to some scientific findings. As it happens I subscribe to a science newsletter and by coincidence they ran an article on spanking which I saw yesterday 29th August 2021). However if you follow this URL

https://www.livescience.com/search?searchTerm=spanking

you will find a number of articles including one (which I have not read) which seems to imply that spanking can spice up your sex life!! As if we didn't already know that!

Anyway I thought I would post the URL in case some people might be interested in what the research purports to tell us.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#2 | Posted: 30 Aug 2021 20:54
uksteve:
I have just read a thought provoking story by KatiePie about generational differences in discipline techniques - modern versus past - and in my comment I made general reference to some scientific findings. As it happens I subscribe to a science newsletter and by coincidence they ran an article on spanking which I saw yesterday 29th August 2021). However if you follow this URL

https://www.livescience.com/search?searchTerm=spanking

you will find a number of articles including one (which I have not read) which seems to imply that spanking can spice up your sex life!! As if we didn't already know that!

Anyway I thought I would post the URL in case some people might be interested in what the research purports to tell us.

I once read that the results of a survey showed that one out of every three couples include spanking in their foreplay. I remember thinking that the others don't know what they are missing

Often123
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 30 Aug 2021 21:15
Hotspur:
I remember thinking that the others don't know what they are missing

Yet we in the LSF certainly do.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 31 Aug 2021 13:34
Fine article. Texas amd Mississippi still leading in school cp. May be no correlation but is states like them that are also most resistant to recommendations to fight covid. Probably won't listen to those experts who don't think school cp is desirable either.
Interesting point about feeling differently about spankings from parents they are close to as opposed to school personnel. Like to note that in the past, especially in rural and small town communities, sometimes kids and teachers would have close personal relationships . Have mentioned on here that my elementary school principal used the paddle on occasion. Yet nearly all her students liked or respected her. It was not just fear of the paddle that kept some of us from getting in trouble at school, it was maybe even more did wanting her to feel disapproving and disappointed in us.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 31 Aug 2021 14:01
Well I don't know what reaction such news will produce in the UK, but since it is a "SCIENCE" article, here in the USA, it will likely be dismissed as a hoax, or fake propaganda from agenda-crazed 'elites'. Now, maybe if Q-Anon posted this article............?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 31 Aug 2021 18:35
@kdpierre

Nailed it!

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 1 Sep 2021 11:06
I wanted to read the one about spanking in marriage/partnership but it seems that I have to subscribe to New Scientist to do so.

Geoffrey Stirling.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 11
dusty333, jogreenknickers, Nobmeister, oldwrangler2, Pembridge06, RABRLA, Tiredny, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9