The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

The Brain and the Bottom

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
raisedkilt
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 19 Aug 2021 11:42
Howdy Spankers and Spankies:

I took a fall yesterday and I am so sore. No broken bones just some bruising and scrapes. That jarring to my body started my brain to thinking about TTWD. Why would the pain from an injury not be as exciting as the pain from a spanking? Is pain on one part of the body the same as pain on a different part of the body? If it is the location of the pain why would the pain on one's bottom from a spanking be pleasurable (if that is the right word) and pain from a fall where you land on your bottom be different. Oh what strange creatures we are.

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 Aug 2021 13:51
Interesting question, and one that I have (it or similar) thought about previously.

The bottom is in close proximity to the sexual organs, the nerves in the cheeks are fellow travellers with those servicing the sexual organs. We get confused. Similar effect in the mouth--it is sometimes difficult to tell whether a sore tooth is in the lower or upper jaw.

Falling on your bottom generally hurts the bones rather than the flesh. Not fun. I suspect that the nerves in the bones bypass that junction where sex meets cheeks.

Then there is psychology. If you are reading this, then probably the very idea of spanking etc excites you. You have no such feelings/thoughts about jarring your coccyx, or cutting or scraping yourself. Spanking gives you pleasure, other injuries to the same area do not.

Spankees often observe that the actual spanking is very unpleasant, but they put up with it because the associated activity (scolding, submitting, undressing, displaying, touching, soothing, forgiving etc) is very exciting. Possibly also, that if submission excites, putting up with (submitting to) a hard and painful spanking is just another element to that submission.

Geoffrey Stirling.

jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 19 Aug 2021 15:30
I can imagine that like you said there are different levels of pain.also many that are spanked do not like the spanking itself,but the feelings in the bottom after a spanking cause all sorts of different feelings than an injury and those may be pleasurable as in so many different ways(erotic,guilt releasing,feeling of security,etc.) Other than what may come from an injury that you may just curse your luck or think of all the other negative feelings(doctor,hospital,time off from work,long term effects of injury etc) that come to bear. of course there are other factors too like you can sometimes prepare yourself for a known spanking,but there is no notice for an injury.Thanks and have a great day.
Jim

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 19 Aug 2021 19:01
An old similar question is why does food that is intensely hot to the hand, not feel as hot in the mouth? The weird aspect of that is the mouth/lips/tongue has more nerves than ANY other part of the body. so you'd think that area would detect heat much, much more than the hand. But no. The hand is more semsitive to heat. Try it. Put a hot (temperature) food into your hand, then immediately into your mouth. Your mouth will think "it ain't no big thang."

It has nothing to do with pleasure, or endorphins or anything else like that.

Back to your question, it may have to deal with not the amount of nerves in the body partthat is hurt, but how the brain is wired to sense pain/damage. Rationally thinking, the rear end is probably the best padded part of the body to receive damage, so perhaps the brain knows this and therefore puts any pain sensing data on the back burner. Places on the body that are more prone to irrepairable damage, like the hands, are coddled in comparison.

I don't know. I'm just guessing.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 19 Aug 2021 20:30
An interesting question to ponder. What is simply pain in one context is quite different in another.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 20 Aug 2021 00:04
Well, maybe we don't expect anything nice from a fall, while we do the opposite from a spanking, even though pain is pain. We don't expext to break our tailbone from a spanking. Maybe if you fell just slightly and you knew already on the way down that it would be just like a slap on your butt when you fell, you would find it pleasurable.

wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 20 Aug 2021 02:29
Lots of guesswork here. It amazes me what little points to ponder may make me 'favorite' a story but when folks start in talking about the seemingly outlandish concept that brings us all together here, nobody has any true answers to the obviously multiple what, wheres and whys. We just all know that we are affected by it and probably every individual has their own outlook and opinion.

So, what turns me on? Many things. Some about spanking itself and others about situational setups and so forth. Even remarks at the perfect time. I could go on and on but it could turn into volumes. Personally, being an F/Mm aficionado (since mid-teens) which goes back many years, (50's) and exposing myself to many ladies, I finally found the perfect 'Mommy'. She passed away 10 years ago and I miss her every day. But this lady could and would whip some ass. Never more than I could handle but never as much as I really wanted her to continue. Talking headspace here. The best times were when it was she spanking me and taking me to that spot where there was nothing happening except her, me and that paddle landing continually, thoroughly and nothing more. Almost never ending. But just almost. When she stopped, we were both worn out. I was never spanked to climax but sure was afterward.

So, in essence, I feel the point is rather moot.

I love everything there is about spanking and nothing is unpleasant about it to me. That is just me.

Yes, I'm different.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 20 Aug 2021 03:56
wooz1111 I hear that. BTW, I lost my own lady about ten years ago too.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#9 | Posted: 20 Aug 2021 12:31
It's a well known fact that a stinging feeling in the buttocks arouses other er ... sensitive parts of the anatomy. I'm sure that many LSF members can confirm that. That would seem to be a natural even involuntary physical response but people (particularly females) do talk about entering "subspace" after a spanking. I’m no psychologist but that would appear to be a purely mental reaction and it’s unlikely that landing on your backside after a fall would have a similar effect.

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 20 Aug 2021 13:59
They don't only enter "subspace" after a spanking. Often a stern look or a command can cause it, long before a bottom has been bared or a hand has landed on it. Spanking, except pure loving spankings for fun, generally involves an element of sub-dom, so the very idea of an imminent spanking can produce that effect.

Landing heavily on your bum has none of the connotations of having it smacked, so is very unlikely to arouse.

Geoffrey Stirling.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
BibG, philphil123, Seegee, Sugarcane
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9