LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking Magazine Blogspot

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
jevv
Male Member

England
#1 | Posted: 11 Aug 2021 12:21
The very excellent British Spanking Magazine Blogspot appears to have dis-appeared.
The blog posted stories, photos and videos from the great spanking magazines, Blushes, Janus, Roue et al, produced in the UK in the eighties and nineties.
A similar, older and not updated site remains, but while it's a decent repository for some great stories, its content is small compared to the BSMB

I do so hate it when a great site just vanishes.

Regina
Female Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 11 Aug 2021 14:20
Yes, many US sites have been disappearing at an alarming rate.

sbw1900
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 11 Aug 2021 15:15
It was a beloved and enjoyable site to read old UK spanking magazines, but it likely infringed on the the copyrights of the publishers. So, could be taken down by the web host under DMCA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act). Just a theory.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 11 Aug 2021 19:02
Couldn't agree more. So many of my favorite sites are gone, and some remaining are just about totally dead. Blogs remain active to some degree, but there is not much opportunity for readers to intereact with them. Miss the old format where a site might have separate sections for fiction, discussions, offtopic, maybe humor, and so on. Like Classics, World Spanking Forum, British Spanking, and others so sadly vanished.

michaeljw
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 11 Aug 2021 19:04
The era of those magazines was unique. There was a style about them that has not been matched since. Janus certainly introduced me to the pleasures of reddening delightful bottoms. Happy days!

dund93
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 11 Aug 2021 22:50
michaeljw
I agree. In my opinion Janus was top of the tree. The likes of Kane, Blushes and Swish had their moments but Janus was consistently good, the photography, the storylines and the models were all excellent. Let’s not forget the wonderfully talented Paula Meadows art work as well.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 12 Aug 2021 15:37
I was lucky enough to have some of my earliest stories published in Janus, Februs and Privilege Plus, and once or twice I even appeared in them as a model. (No, really!) For a while, even after they stopped publishing, you could buy back numbers in the Janus Bookshop on Old Compton Street in Soho, but even that's now long gone. A vanished world, alas.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 12 Aug 2021 18:27
Sad to hear this.

michaeljw
Male Member

England
#9 | Posted: 13 Aug 2021 15:09
All is not lost, there is the Janusworldwide website that is well worth looking at. Lots of good stuff on it.

markuk
Male Member

England
#10 | Posted: 13 Aug 2021 17:42
Was this the Spanking Magazine Stories blog? It disappeared about a month ago.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 17
BashfulBob, kid, myrkassi
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9